Marc, a few more

PITBOSS

A few questions theat you may have the answers to.

Is Axl so insulated by his management that if you wanted to get ahold of him you couldn't just "ring him up" and get him on the phone if you wanted or needed to? What do you think of his new management "team"? Is the rumor true that Axl is control happy when it comes to working with him? Does Axl have any role models that he looks up to, takes advice from, respects what they have to say? Thanks for any response.

I do have his email. I don't think Axl looks up to anyone for advice other than the people that are around him on a daily bases. The management team he has now has been the same for the last 10 years or so they have been running things anyway. It just came to a point where they realized that another manger will always want what the last 2 wanted a reunion of some sort. Thats where the big money is since they get a %. They already know what it takes to get to the next gig on their own.

Right on, so you haven't talked to him since your book came out, like 5 years? Did you used to hang out or talk with him frequently? Seems obvious that he would have known you were making the book, he didn't like it or agree with when you put it out? Would you think he would autograph the book for a fan if it was presented to him? Is it true that guns n roses owes one more record to the label to fulfill a contract obligation? Do you have any insight as to why we are not getting more guns n roses music released?

Right on, so you haven't talked to him since your book came out, like 5 years? Did you used to hang out or talk with him frequently? Seems obvious that he would have known you were making the book, he didn't like it or agree with when you put it out? Would you think he would autograph the book for a fan if it was presented to him? Is it true that guns n roses owes one more record to the label to fulfill a contract obligation? Do you have any insight as to why we are not getting more guns n roses music released?

He knew I put together the book back in 1994 and he loved the first draft of it at that time. It just didn't get published till 2007. In 2007 Axl was not in the mood to have something out there that showcased the old band when he was trying to get a new record out with the new band. I guess he didn't see how important it was for me to get my work out to the world. He did latter say in a email that my book was something that he may have supported at a latter time. Because my book only documents the early days, it doesn't matter when it came out, If anything it helps the band in many ways and it's great for the fans. At the time I was putting together the book Steven and Izzy were long gone and Gilby and Matt already made a name for themselves. No one had a problem in 1994 with me puting out a book that had Izzy and Steven on every page. Until Axl can find away to deal with the bad blood he has with Slash and all the pain surrounding that, is why he won't promote anything to do with the old band and because of all this anger he is holding onto, he feels betrayed that I support both sides and that I chose to still promote the birth of the band.

I'm sure he has already autograph many copies of my book. Axl is cool about signing stuff for the fans. Reckless Road is not that different than him signing a copy of AFD. Either way its the old band and no matter what the fans will always ask for that stuff to be signed. He may have a few extra emotions when someone puts one in his face to sign because it will also remind him that he gave up a good friend over it.

Edited by recklessroad

So that was the story then. Was that the last actual time you talked to him, the email where he said he might have supported the book at a later date? I guess in his eyes it's team axl or team slash, can't be both which is a black and white way of looking at things. Did you guys used to hang out and talk on the regular and then it just "ended"? That guy must be really tore up over the whole deal to hold onto that stuff for so song and to cast away good friends such as yourself and probably numerous others along the way. I guess we will never know all the reasons, but seems like he got the best of the situation the name and he's worth alot more than the rest of the guys from a financial standpoint?

So that was the story then. Was that the last actual time you talked to him, the email where he said he might have supported the book at a later date? I guess in his eyes it's team axl or team slash, can't be both which is a black and white way of looking at things. Did you guys used to hang out and talk on the regular and then it just "ended"? That guy must be really tore up over the whole deal to hold onto that stuff for so song and to cast away good friends such as yourself and probably numerous others along the way. I guess we will never know all the reasons, but seems like he got the best of the situation the name and he's worth alot more than the rest of the guys from a financial standpoint?

I don't think anyone got the best financial standpoint but its true the name GNR is worth more.

Well thanks for giving a little insight, hopefully you guys can patch things up one of these days.

How much material do you have left that didn't make it into the book? Will there be a reckless road 2? Would you mind posting some more never been seen stuff for us to enjoy here on the forum?

Edited by PITBOSS

There are some cool photos that didn't make it into the book but, there won't be a Reckless Road part 2 but maybe someday it would be cool to see Reckless Road portraits a book of all the best photos. A coffee table hard cover book. First I have to get Reckless Road out to the people that don't know about it yet. It not something that had the right promotion. Most book stores don't carry it.

There are some cool photos that didn't make it into the book but, there won't be a Reckless Road part 2 but maybe someday it would be cool to see Reckless Road portraits a book of all the best photos. A coffee table hard cover book. First I have to get Reckless Road out to the people that don't know about it yet. It not something that had the right promotion. Most book stores don't carry it.

There are copies on Ebay but I think they are all in the USA, if you don't have paypal you're stuck. Could you send me a copy please?? :book: I'll send you a book on koalas in return. :lol:

I think a coffee table book would be absolutely amazing. I'm surprised more GNR fans don't have it. I guess I didn't realize it was so hard to get overseas. Weak sauce. I :heart: my copy. If I could, I'd buy the individual member covers too. Maybe someday.

i'd like to buy one too, is there a hard cover version? which different versions do you have and are you giving any deals for the members here?

No hard cover but the cover is the next best thing ,it has flaps with some photos. I can sell the book for $25.00 the retail price is 29.95 Shipping is $3.99 in the states and $16.95 because the book weighs 2lbs out of the USA. Canada is $12.95 shipping. You can also get it from Amazon UK and I think the shipping is less

i'd like to buy one too, is there a hard cover version? which different versions do you have and are you giving any deals for the members here?

No hard cover but the cover is the next best thing ,it has flaps with some photos. I can sell the book for $25.00 the retail price is 29.95 Shipping is $3.99 in the states and $16.95 because the book weighs 2lbs out of the USA. Canada is $12.95 shipping. You can also get it from Amazon UK and I think the shipping is less

Selling for up to $44 in Australia with no shipping :question: