Why not work on Axl's autobiography?

Vincent Vega

Marc,

You and Axl have not spoken in several years. Now of course that could always change. Perhaps a good way to get back into Axl's good graces would be to help him write/dictate/whatever his autobiography--Help him get his side out. Slash and Duff have gotten their respective sides of the story out in their books, I'd imagine Axl would want to. And from what it seems, only you and Del James have been around Axl/GN'R going back to the VERY beginning and only you two are writers. It may be a stupid idea, but perhaps helping Axl to get his side out--with some objectivity in it from you, who seems to be the most objective guy around Guns--could make you guys feel close again and he'd realize you do have loyalty to him as a friend.

An autobiography is a book on yourself, a biography is a book on someone else's life.

Would you ever do one without Axl's support or would that put you even deeper in the hole with him? He mentioned in one of his chats that he was working on his book, but I don't think it'll ever come out.

First off I'm not even capable of doing a book like that and if I was I still would never do it anyways. My job was getting out the work that I did which pretty much ended in 1987. It was something that was special and the fans needed to see it. Yes I did a good job documenting the early days but thats about it. It was something that I had to do because it was exciting at the time. My work was more of a photo documentary with some text that I remembered to go with it. I also brought in some people that were there to help give it some more texture to go with the photos. Also all those people had something to do with the band. I liked what I saw and found away to grab it.