Back and Forth Again

Vincent Vega

Marc,

In The Making of Estranged video, we hear a bit of Back and Forth again playing in the background, the main riff and a bit of it, and Axl whistles over the riff. A year later the song ended up on the first Snakepit record. Do you know if GN'R ever did a rehearsal which included an early version of it, recorded? Or was there only that snippet we hear on the Making of Video?

Marc,

In The Making of Estranged video, we hear a bit of Back and Forth again playing in the background, the main riff and a bit of it, and Axl whistles over the riff. A year later the song ended up on the first Snakepit record. Do you know if GN'R ever did a rehearsal which included an early version of it, recorded? Or was there only that snippet we hear on the Making of Video?

I don't know but is that the song the Duff had something to do with? If so it would make sense that it was a song GNR was working on before Slash took it for Snakepit

Marc,

I don't know but is that the song the Duff had something to do with? If so it would make sense that it was a song GNR was working on before Slash took it for Snakepit

No only Slash is credited on Back and Forth Again. Dizzy plays the keyboards in the intro on the Snakepit version. Duff is credited on the song Beggars and Hangers on; Matt and Izzy are credited on Soma City Ward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmRjJobnEA&feature=relmfu

Go to 1:58 and listen to 4:38 in this video, you can hear the GN'R version of the song, Slash riffs and the main rhythm and Axl whistling over it that, I'm talking about, maybe it will bring back a few memories.

Edited by Vincent Vega