Does Beta/Team Brazil have an undue influence on Axl's career?

Vincent Vega

Do you feel Beta and/or "Team Brazil" have an undue or overly strong influence on Axl's career and decisions? How much of the decisionmaking in Guns or as regards Guns (who is in, who is out, who gets paid how much, albums, decisions about things such as videos, singles and tours) do Beta and Team Brazil have an influence on?

To use some comparisons, is Team Brazil's Axl's Colonel Parker or Memphis Mafia, or Axl's Dr. Landy?

I would say they have a lot to do with what goes on and who gets paid and stuff like that. They intercept everything and decide what gets through to Axl. A lot of it is because they think something might upset him so they filter it. The truth is you really don't want Axl getting upset.

why? when he gets upset does it bring on depression or a tantrum. nobody likes getting upset but i don't really see how keeping him insulated helps?

I never said it helps, it's just what I have seen many people do before they were even there. Everyone that has worked for Axl from the start has done that.

why? when he gets upset does it bring on depression or a tantrum. nobody likes getting upset but i don't really see how keeping him insulated helps?

I never said it helps, it's just what I have seen many people do before they were even there. Everyone that has worked for Axl from the start has done that.

Of course but would you say that they did it to the extent that Team Brazil does? I mean, I really doubt his siblings (whom I understand ran the fanclub and whatnot in the 80s and 90s) or Del etc isolated him THAT much. And from all the biographies and autobiographies, it seems at least in the old days (85-94 era), the band themselves decided who got paid how much etc--not so much outside people. And Axl seemed a lot more "in touch" with the outside world, a lot less guarded and a lot more open back then too...Perhaps even somewhat more laid back and accessible.

I would say they have a lot to do with what goes on and who gets paid and stuff like that. They intercept everything and decide what gets through to Axl. A lot of it is because they think something might upset him so they filter it. The truth is you really don't want Axl getting upset.

A lot of people/fans/forum members accuse them of trying to isolate Axl, do you agree with that or is it more of a protective attitude?

A lot of people/fans/forum members accuse them of trying to isolate Axl, do you agree with that or is it more of a protective attitude?

I think they can be a bit controlling. I don't think they give Axl enough credit for being able to handle more of his own stuff. On the other hand if they let Axl just hang around and do what he wants, then he would even be more late than he already is to the places he needs to be. Axl doesn't have a great sense on time and does need some guidance with that.

• 2 weeks later...