Izzy and the Wedding

SONOFABITCH

Hi Marc,

I am still having trouble with Izzy Stradlin not attending the HOF, only to show up and play with Axl weeks later in England, followed by playing a wedding. Do you have any insight as to why this happened? My first hunch is obviously is was all about money. Are Duff and Slash cool with how that went down? Were you surprised that Izzy would perform all those songs with Axl at a wedding??? Very perplexing to me. I know Axl and Izzy grew up together, but Izzy was vocal about why he left the band and a major reason for it did indeed seem to be Axl.

Hi Marc,

I am still having trouble with Izzy Stradlin not attending the HOF, only to show up and play with Axl weeks later in England, followed by playing a wedding. Do you have any insight as to why this happened? My first hunch is obviously is was all about money. Are Duff and Slash cool with how that went down? Were you surprised that Izzy would perform all those songs with Axl at a wedding??? Very perplexing to me. I know Axl and Izzy grew up together, but Izzy was vocal about why he left the band and a major reason for it did indeed seem to be Axl.

My guess is that Izzy was afraid because he would have had to do a speech. I think he still would have come if Axl was going to be there. I know how he feels about the old band. He thinks it was a great set up and would be a part of it if something were to come up involving that AFD line up

I was always under the impression it was an all or nothing scenario for Izzy. Otherwise, I don't think he wanted to get involved in a Dick measuring contest between Axl and the others. Based on his letter, I got the impression he would've been there if everything worked out between everybody.

Yeah he plays with Axl occasionally. He also did the same for VR, and played on Slash's first solo album, so I don't really look at it like him "taking sides" or anything. Just my outlook on it.