West Arkeen

T.wa.T

I recently came across a comment,on youtube, by a guy claiming to be very close to West. He said after West passed on, there was a box of his tapes n recordings,which he had made over the years on the road n such. This "friend" said Axl n Slash were not to touch the material unless they settled their differences.

Are you aware of said circumstances or no? And could you tell us about him a little, he seemed like a really cool dude, thanx for your reply Marc!

I dont know how to post the link on my phone, go to ytube n search west arkeen, look for the one that says (west arkeen & robin crosby ( rip) ApB. In the comments lok for batvette Oct 20th.

He says the material was left in his will, n they cant touch it, unless they work it out.

Yes it would be awesome to here, west is a talented musician.

If you find it maybe post the link for others,if not I can do it later.

Good thread!

I wonder if both Axl and Slash attended his funeral. Sad. :(

To tell you the truth, I don't know if any original members went. Duff stated in his book he was mad at West because Duff started to help him go through rehab and Duff took him to the place he worked out at (Master Sensi I believe...) and eventually West stopped coming. Duff was mad and thought West quit on him, and started using again. A few weeks later West died but I think Duff was still mad. Kind of a "Look it's your fault buddy not mine, I tried to help" thing. As for Axl and Slash, I don't know. Slash left in 1996 I think... If anyone went it would have been Slash but I don't remember in his book saying anything about it.

Not sure about who wouldve went to his funeral, hopefully all, from what I gather he was well known n liked,

Hes w the band in the CBGB video,in the background doing backing vocals n playing tambourine. Hes the one wearing shades.

Sorry I cant post link as Im still using my phone.

Thanx for replying Marc, ever heard of that vault of music of his for Axl n Slash?

I think he would have made a great replacement for Izzy..

I never thought of that... yes he very well could have been. I remember one of the members also saying that West was a "Happy go lucky kind of guy". I knew that West had recordings, and that when he died his "friends" stole them and everything else. This must be one of the people, unless he bought them off someone.

If West did say that about they could only use the songs if they make up. I under stand why, he knew there was really no good reason for them to split for more then a year or two. Just enough time to get out some music without each other and then patch things up.

Would have been great to hear,for sure. Correct me if Im wrong but is the Outpatience album the last time Axl,Slash,Duff n Izzy appeared togetther on the same record?

again thanx for taking the time Marc.

Does anyone no for sure when the song Anxious Disease was written??? Ive heard it was pre Appetite and might have been for Guns to record??? Any truth to that?

Edited by T.wa.T