Axl rejected bribe to front a successful band and leave classic line up before they were signed

The Archer

http://www.fuse.tv/2013/03/axl-rose-bribed-to-leave-gnr-before-they-were-signed

Producers sure do seem to be popping out of the woodwork with shocking claims these days. In the aftermath of Clive Owens’ stinging remarks concerning Kelly Clarkson, another legendary producer, Kim Fowley (of Kiss, Alice Cooper, and The Runaways fame) has a lot to say about Axl Rose.

In a candid interview with Antimusic, Fowley said that Rose purportedly “rejected a suitcase of money” to leave the band and headline another.

He went on to explain:

"I was working for a rich manager of a difficult band who had drug issues and alcohol issues. He said, 'I don't know about this band I'm investing in. Something tells me these guys might not make it. Do you know anyone else who's weird and strange and difficult, but possibly platinum?"

Fowley suggested Guns N’ Roses and then set up a meeting with the band and the manager in which the unknown manager attempted to bribe the heck out of Rose – then a complete unknown.

Rose served a smack down to applause from everyone present when he retorted with, “'With all due respect, sir, whoever you are – that's not enough for Guns N' Roses. We're going to be bigger than that. It's just a matter of time. I'll say no politely and I'll go away and I'll make more money than this on our initial signing with my guys."

Axl the soothsayer?! He went on to sign with Geffen for 75k.

$50,000? Ha! Dude’s jewelry is worth more than that!

This has been posted like three or four times now. So Axl was offered an escape from the hard work of getting over. Not surprising really when you consider his obvious talent. Axl was everything you'd want from a Sunsent Strip frontman.