Should Axl Drop the GN'R Name

wfuckinga

Should Axl drop the GN'R name and tour as W.A.R. or Axl Rose or something  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate Mick Wall but i gotta give it to him... He's absolutely right when he says that it wasn't worth to break up a band to add another 0 in his paycheck

Why do you hate Mick?

Because even though Mick might have a few points that are correct, his book about Axl is full of mistakes that are widely known, which tells me he didn't do his work correctly on checking things.

He does have a few points that Axl might not agree but that i feel are legit and correct. Such as this one i mentioned.

I hate Mick Wall but i gotta give it to him... He's absolutely right when he says that it wasn't worth to break up a band to add another 0 in his paycheck

Why do you hate Mick?

Because even though Mick might have a few points that are correct, his book about Axl is full of mistakes that are widely known, which tells me he didn't do his work correctly on checking things.

He does have a few points that Axl might not agree but that i feel are legit and correct. Such as this one i mentioned.

I'm glad you know that about Mick because I feel the same. His book is a joke, full of inaccuracies & mostly pointless, everything he wrote about was just stuff we already knew. But I did hear him on the radio & he made a few good points about Axl that were very interesting to learn. So he's not totally clueless.

Why do you hate Mick?

I'm glad you know that about Mick because I feel the same. His book is a joke, full of inaccuracies & mostly pointless, everything he wrote about was just stuff we already knew. But I did hear him on the radio & he made a few good points about Axl that were very interesting to learn. So he's not totally clueless.

No he's not. I'm a fair person. Mick Wall's book is trash, like you said it's full of inaccuracies and he didn't care to do his research, however some of the things he says are real and true.

No he should not. The Guns N Roses name itself is well documented as being Axl's when it first formed. Had Slash and Steven not ended up on the Seattle gig because Traci Guns (the only person with a legit beef, regarding the Guns N Roses name since his last name is the first word in the band name, but has no legal grounds since he quit, walked away, and gave Axl his blessing to keep the name) bailed on the band, had Axl, Izzy and Duff found another guitar player and drummer, there'd only be two original members. Axl n' Izzy. And Izzy doesn't want it, was never his to begin with to make a claim to it. Axl started GNR, continued and fought for GNR, to his near ruin. Something Slash obviously was never willing to do. Duff and Izzy either. Izzy, intelligently, chose life, and sobriety over GNR, and if you want to point fingers here, I'd point them directly at Slash and Duff as the two main drug and alcohol antagonists that didn't even try to assist there so called friend by at least attempting to keep the smack and booze directly out of Izzys face. And then Duff, again, another smart move, was also at the time he decided to hang it up making the choice to sobriety for his health and because he now had children. He absolutely needed to leave the lifestyle behind if he wanted a future with his family. And Slash straight up quit because Axl and Duff didn't want to agree with him becoming the predominant songwriter along with Axl. Axl and Duff both agreed they didn't care for Slash's southern rock direction he was all or nothing pushing. And felt they needed to bring in another strong songwriter into the fold, Slash felt that songwriter was himself. When they didn't cave in to his threats he quit. Plain and simple. And yes, Axl is not without his own level of guilt the way he tried to take over. But really, that began during the AFD recordings and continued thru UYI or we would have never gotten songs like SCOM, November Rain, Estranged ect, onto the albums being that Duff and Slash are on record as stating they were against these type of songs, especially SCOM from ever being on a GNR record. So yeah, I think he's deserved and earned the right to keep the name if nothing more than by bringing the name to the band, taking a leadership role when everyone else in the band was to fucked up to take care of themselves, much less lead a successful rock band, or even have any insightful or helpful input. Being the only one who never quit his band, and fighting for it for decades without backing down, while suffering tremendous personal loss in doing so.

Axl did quit the band. Then turned around and formed another "band" with the original members..but on different terms...making them employees and not equals... that was what signing over the name meant. its called a sly slimy move on his so called friends who naturally didnt see it coming. Its called a sucker punch. Had they stayed on board it would have been Axls vision, Axls time and Axls way of doing things which as history now records takes forever for him to accomplish anything. He took the core key elements of GNR and marginalized thier imput, decided unilaterly to alter the sound and message of GNR as well as finally capturing the finacial bonaza. Had they stayed he would have control over their careers, gained from thier image and imput while at the same time doing exactly what he is doing to this new band and that is controlling thier ability to capitilize on their participation in GNR. GNR by that time had enough to coast on and provide a comfortable living for Axl and did not require the focus or intensity of the early days. "Mr last man standing" decided his drama would prevail and to that end HE decided that he would and could take GNR to where HE alone wanted to go and what it would sound like...if his bandmates and co pilots didnt see it his way they were free to do exactly what they HAD to do if they were to retain any sanity. Its right there in the old interviews for anyone to listen to. Problem was Axls drama/POV in life doesnt groove so well with people His use of time and inability to get it up vocally, mentally and emotionally is well documented. If you were in a band poised to be bigger than ANY and EVER following UYI would you want to bet your career on Axls timeline? The question has to be asked now that the history of the last 10 years is clear....Did Axl get his way? Asking in complete honesty Was this the vision he saw for GNR...to drift into shiftless pointless and irrelevant oblivion as nostalgia act?

Axl did quit the band. Then turned around and formed another "band" with the original members..but on different terms...making them employees and not equals... that was what signing over the name meant. its called a sly slimy move on his so called friends who naturally didnt see it coming. Its called a sucker punch. Had they stayed on board it would have been Axls vision, Axls time and Axls way of doing things which as history now records takes forever for him to accomplish anything.

Very well said! Most people forget Axl actually quit the band and formed a new one on his conditions.

Also this:

Had they stayed he would have control over their careers, gained from thier image and imput while at the same time doing exactly what he is doing to this new band and that is controlling thier ability to capitilize on their participation in GNR. GNR by that time had enough to coast on and provide a comfortable living for Axl and did not require the focus or intensity of the early days.

That's why i can't believe at this point anyone could be at Axl's side...

Greatest post ever Rockerman!

Edited by AndreCC