Marilyn Mansons mother passes

Sheri_Rose

Just saw that Marilyn Manson posted about his mothers death on his FB and looked for news articles on it.

For those that don't know that are fans of Manson, I couldn't think of a better place to put this.

MARILYN MANSON's Mother Dies After Battle With Dementia

May 18, 2014 5 Comments

MARILYN MANSON's Mother Dies After Battle With Dementia
Barbara J. Warner, the 68-year-old mother of shock rocker Marilyn Manson (a.k.a. Brian Warner), died on May 13 after a long battle with dementia.

The singer wrote on his Facebook page earlier today: "Mother, to the first and greatest believer in me … I hope I see you again someday. But not now, because I have more things I promised I would do. I'll make you proud and satisfied that you know that you made the son you wanted. I love you."

An obituary posted by CantonRep.com reads as follows: "Barbara J. Warner, age 68, passed peacefully on Tuesday after a long battle with dementia. She was a wife, lover, mother and friend who will be missed forever. Survived by her husband, Hugh A. Warner; and a son, Brian H. Warner. Services were private. The Lamiell Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Alzheimer's Association. Condolences may be made to www.lamiellfuneralhome.com."

In a 2012 interview with Revolver magazine, Manson said: "I don't have the same ambition and drive, the determination, the fearlessness, the anger and relentlessness that I had when I started this. I have some of it, different elements of it, different percentages of it, and I'm not saying the stuff I did before I came to this realization was irrelevant. I had to do it to get to it. But I guess part of it was coming to terms with family things, like my mother being ill and diagnosed with dementia, being faced with that concept. Coming to terms with mortality — not of my own, because I've always been fearless of that, and I'm never afraid to die for what I believe in. But while I'll always make jokes and deny t in a ['American Psycho' protagonist] Patrick Bateman sort of sense, I'm not completely devoid of human emotions. I do have feelings, and I have a lot more feelings than people probably imagine, and that's what makes me so guarded. So it was a lot of me coming to terms with that. I had to prove to the people that already know and care about me that I'm worth caring about, and that I'm a motherfucker to be reckoned with. And I wanted to show the rest of the world exactly what I showed them. Whatever it was that got people's attention, what made them want to listen to my first album, I just wanted to have that gleam in my eye, that fire in me."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/marilyn-mansons-mother-dies-after-battle-with-dementia/#l7GGO75XajsboqfV.99

Edited by Sheri_Rose
  • Like 2

I didnt know you could die of dementia.

I was not aware of that as well. I always assumed, it was due to the complications of having dementia, not the actual illness that caused death.

Similar to how my mother died from cancer. She had Lung cancer and unfortunately due to laser treatment in her 20's for hodgkins when laser treatment

for cancer was not precise, some radiation splashed around her lungs causing the lung cancer some 30 years later. Her lungs and blood vessels were

already not in that great of shape due to her earlier laser treatments so what happened? A blood vessel burst in her lung and she died drowning in her own blood.

the night it happened I was the one to call 911 and later that night in the hospital they told us she was dying. Next day I lost my mother.

Cancer killed her? no. Being treated for cancer even when she was in her 20s? Yes. Thing is dementia gradually weakens a person. If you don't use your legs much or walk around

much anymore, what happens? Blood clots. If you are incontinent because of dementia and have reversed back to the age of an infant and your nurse just happens to have a bad day and doesn't

clean you up well and you get a UTI? Death by kidney failure.

If Dementia causes actual neurodegeneration similar to Parkinsons disease or a lesser known disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, then yes it'd be a direct factor to a persons death

including any complications too. I never really looked much into it as this was considered an old persons disease but Mansons mother was only 53. That is very, very young to have dementia, or what we call in the south

"old timers". Since she was so young I'm now curious to learn more about it.

He's lucky he got more time than I did, but losing a mother is still one of the most traumatic events in a persons life ( well, in mine it was ). I hope since Manson is older that he has matured enough to

handle it without destroying himself. I didn't and ended up pretty much a starved ( became anorexic ), on antidepressants, with a plan to release an album detailing my life up until my mothers death only to

then commit suicide with the last song on the album called " a goodbye and ode to the past ", becoming the first posthumous album to become the worlds BIGGEST selling album of all time.

That never happened thankfully. I came to my senses at the age of 26 and it was like a light bulb went off. Can't explain it. and, after that I was ok. Sure I still cry and write a new song dedicated to my mother

on the day of her death but I don't wallow in it like I used to.

As for Manson? I hope he doesn't crack. Some people no matter how old they are when a parent passes they just lose it. He seemed pretty tore up about it reading his FB post. I guess we'll see

in the coming weeks months.

4:35

WTF? :blink::lol:

Edited by Sheri_Rose

um, did you watch it?

:lol: I only watched that part at 4:35 to see Manson speak gibberish for a second or two. Also, because I am ha, actually Deaf I almost got offended by it. :max:

It's all good, no I'm not offended just feeling stupid because I did not watch the rest of the video but will now. Some people just post odd parts of interviews with a celeb saying this, or that, or making

a funny face around here so I figured that's what the 4:35 mark was and figured no need to watch further.

:wow: obviously wrong. Watching now, wish he'd stop mumbling.

Ok, done watching. Yeah, it's gonna hit him hard. This video was in 2013 so I assume she was already in bad shape, with what Manson said was a mental illness.

Didn't know him or who he was. I don't know much about the guy, was his mother institutionalized? From a young age? Is that what he means by I regret my mother never knowing

who I am? ( if I understood correctly, he doesn't make lip reading very easy ).

Very, very sad.