Bayonetta 2

Turn_It_Up

I loved the first game. It's an extremely stylish and over-the-top action game along the lines of Devil May Cry. PlatinumGames is the best developer out there when it comes to action games right now and I don't think it's even remotely close. Both their gameplay and presentation are always top notch. Hideki Kamiya, the director of the first Bayonetta and one of the key people at PlatinumGames, was a game director at Capcom for a number of years and created awesome action games like Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami while he was there. It pains me that his and PlatinumGames' next game appears to be an Xbox One exclusive. :(

But yeah I'm going to get Bayonetta 2 as soon as possible. My last school payment of the semester is due November 1st, so I'll be saving up for a number of things asap afterward, including a Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros (for Wii U), and the new Pokemon games. Winter should be fun. :)

Know it's wrong, but I'm gonna jump right into Bayo 2 first and then play Bayo 1 after. So hyped for Bayo 2 there's no reason to kid myself and think I'll have the self control to play all the way through Bayo 1 first.

Sounds like both games will be physical discs, at least in N.A.

Can't freakin' wait for this dual monster. rock3

I loved the first game. It's an extremely stylish and over-the-top action game along the lines of Devil May Cry. PlatinumGames is the best developer out there when it comes to action games right now and I don't think it's even remotely close. Both their gameplay and presentation are always top notch. Hideki Kamiya, the director of the first Bayonetta and one of the key people at PlatinumGames, was a game director at Capcom for a number of years and created awesome action games like Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami while he was there. It pains me that his and PlatinumGames' next game appears to be an Xbox One exclusive. :(

But yeah I'm going to get Bayonetta 2 as soon as possible. My last school payment of the semester is due November 1st, so I'll be saving up for a number of things asap afterward, including a Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros (for Wii U), and the new Pokemon games. Winter should be fun. :)

Talk me out of playing 2 first if it really will be a huge mistake. Sounds like the story isn't the strongpoint in either game, so not a lot to lose not playing in order.

But let me know. :tongue2:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Talk me out of playing 2 first if it really will be a huge mistake. Sounds like the story isn't the strongpoint in either game, so not a lot to lose not playing in order.

But let me know. :tongue2:

Like you said, story isn't really the focus here or reason to play. You may be lost on some of the lore behind how the world in the game is set up, and the background on a few of the characters, but I'd imagine the game would still be perfectly playable without having played the first. The cool thing is that the first game comes with this one, and from what I've read it's basically the definitive version of the first game.