SOCCER (URUGUAY) - C.A Peñarol New Stadium - Campeon del siglo

GNR_uruguay

Hello everybody.

I am from Uruguay and a huge fan of Peñarol. 

Today my club announces the official inauguration of the stadium. A field for 40 K persons; a FIFA Stadium. For a country like uruguay you dont even know how difficult this is to accomplish. 

I just want to to invite to all of you when visit my country to go to a match in the new field. My team is one of the biggest in southamerica and recently we won a price by the IFFHS that said that we are the Champion of the XX Century (therefore the name of the stadium, Campeon del Siglo) http://www.conmebol.com/en/content/congratulations-penarol

Here there is our official site when you can find our recently star; Diego Forlan, also a huge fan of Peñarol. http://www.xn--pearol-xwa.org/index_1.html

And here there are some shots of how the stadium looks today 

and a promotional trailer of the project 

The date of inauguration is march 28 in a match against River Plate of Argentina; a club very bonded with us.

Hope to see you !!

Vamo el manya carajo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Is there a plan for a roof? Nice stadium btw.

Thanks! No plan for a roof but maybe we can add another ring of grandstand in the future. The capacity would be increased and we have a stadium fo 60 K. Perhaps for the World Cup in 2030 (so FIFA pays for it :lol:)

15 minutes ago, GNR_uruguay said:

Thanks! No plan for a roof but maybe we can add another ring of grandstand in the future. The capacity would be increased and we have a stadium fo 60 K. Perhaps for the World Cup in 2030 (so FIFA pays for it :lol:)

That would be cool, 100 years after first World Cup in Uruguay. Seems possible and I think Uruguay and Argentina will get the host.