Performing Right Organisation (Organization) Thread

Snake-Pit

I've joined my country's PRO.

Every country has a PRO.

It's this international thing for royalties and composing.

Different countries operate differently, some country's PRO could also be it's patenting office; The United States, for example, have two, ASCAP and BMI, with BMI being for Musical Stage Shows and Theater.. *America :)

This morning I discovered PRS For Music, my country's PRO, is close to me!

I took a snap shot of it this morning.

004.JPG

These are the people who generated my own CAE number.

It's because of my membership to this, that I have privileged (though privilege through membership is still privilege) access to their database which I can search anytime; it has works by great artists that haven't been released, that are due for release, etc... As well as finding obscure and mainstream songs so I can sleep better knowing if anyone sees any money from this through YouTube views, it's whoever owns the song;

In fact, these days, taking videos I like from Instagram is (partly about sharing them here on MyGNR and the internet) so I can report their usages to hopefully make these people who composed this stuff some money, even if it's like £5 after 30 years of it sitting there.

Edited by Snake-Pit