Dizzy Reed guest appearance on Riley's L.A. Guns - "While I'm Away".

21 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I Guess Rileys LA Guns means there are still two bands then? I liked the last LA Guns song I heard with Phil singing, but this sounds very generic, interesting to have some LA Guns GN'R cross over again though.

Nah, they won't be around anymore, the album was released because it was scheduled and they did a scheduled show too as a tribute to him. 

The songs on their two releases are mostly generic (Crawl and Overdrive are my ultimate favs from both albums) but they have this classic L.A. Guns groove  that people love and know while Phil and Tracii are going into a more heavy metal path. 

Edited by Stiven.DxN.10
  • Like 1

Riley's L.A. Guns could still continue - Kelly Nickels was a classic era member anyway.

The situation is a bit weird because the version of the band with Steve Riley was the one Phil Lewis was in. But he left that L.A. Guns to make another L.A. Guns with Tracii.

Previously Tracii had his own version that was around at the same time as the one with Phil and Steve in - and both released albums back then too - but Tracii stopped his version for a while until he and Phil made a version together.

Edited by sploit

9 hours ago, sploit said:

Riley's L.A. Guns could still continue - Kelly Nickels was a classic era member anyway.

The situation is a bit weird because the version of the band with Steve Riley was the one Phil Lewis was in. But he left that L.A. Guns to make another L.A. Guns with Tracii.

Previously Tracii had his own version that was around at the same time as the one with Phil and Steve in - and both released albums back then too - but Tracii stopped his version for a while until he and Phil made a version together.

This situation is a bit complicated actually. Before the band got to record the albums "Tales From The Strip", Tracii left the band and they continued until 2015 when Steve was tired from all the touring and wanted a rest. Tracii started his horrible version of the band around 2008-09 and it was a joke. Around late 2015 a promoter offered Phil and Tracii a good check for a show. The one show became, two became three and it went on and on and on and on and it still goes well. But if Tracii wasn't a douche the band would still have plenty chances of a proper reunion with the classic line-up. For me it's not weird that Kelly Nickels refused his offer to join him and Phil back then but accepted Steve's offer.

Ohh yeah I knew Tracii had left previously too. That's kinda what I was saying.

I have heard material from his version and from Phil & Steve's version.

I like it all really. That's the good thing - more music for the listeners. 😄

Ohh and Tales From The Strip has some good tracks on. 😄

I saw Tracii and Phil's version of L.A. Guns a few years ago. Was a great show (was my first time seeing L.A. Guns live in any form).

• Like 1