Metallica in Chicago

santana

omg yes it was amazing! I posted about it the "Metallica tomorrow" thread. I really wanted to go to the second show too, but no one wanted to go twice with me. By the time I would have gotten tickets for it, they were in the balcony anyway. Did you have seated tickets or GA? I had Section 116 Row J. Not bad- but general admission would have been so much better. ;)

Friday I was in section 104. The seats were actually really good. GA would have been cool, the only thing that might have sucked is that the stage is not really tall, so you might not have seen them as well. It also sucked because I went on ticketmaster.com and ordered my tickets the second they went on sale and I didn't get GA. But like I said, the seats were great, and the show was amazing. But the Saturday show.... OMG. It totally blew the first show away. I was in the balcony (I didn't get tickets to that show until last Wednesday). But the seats were still ok. Rob did a bass solo, Lars was missing for the beginning of Creeping Death and they had to start over. They played Sanitarium, Holier Than Thou, Lepper Messiah, Battery, Damage Inc., No Leaf Clover, and they closed with Dyers Eve. The show was so awesome. They didn't miss a beat! I don't want to complain, but I could have gone without Sandman or Sad But True and had some No Remorse and Phantom Lord instead, but either way the show was amazing. Anyone who says these guys are old should be shot.

Yeah, I also bought tickets online RIGHT when they went on sale..and there was no GA. I was so pissed, but it's alright cause no matter where you were in the building, you had a good view. I saw two of my friends right in front of the stage up on the big screen. I can't wait to ask them how it was. I really wish I could have gone to the second show too...especially since you said they played all those songs. I was hoping to hear some of those at the first show. Oh well, the first show was good enough. I can't wait til they come back around. B)

I went with my bestest friend OLGA! It was fun, same seats and all. It was my first Metallica concert and it kicked ass. I would've gone Saturday but Olga said she was working, and plus my friend was leaving for college today and that was my last chance to see him.