Nelly

Wreckless_Life

Nelly released two albums last week and they both went in at no 1 and 2 in the american charts. :angry: Looks like like any idiot can now achieve what only a talented band like GNR could do back then.

Rapper Nelly has hit the number one and two spot in the US album chart after releasing two albums in the same week.

The R'n'B star opted to release two separate albums rather than a double one, with Suit debuting at number one, and Sweat at number two.

The last time an artist had a number one and two album was Guns and Roses in 1991 with Use Your Illusion I and II.

Suit is Nelly's third number one album, following on from the success of Country Grammar and Nellyville.

By taking over the top spots he knocked country star Alan Jackson off the top, with his album What I Do falling to number seven.

Last week's number two, Tim Graw, slipped to number three, while Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company fell down one to four.

Nelly's alright compared to most artists doing that kind of music. He is talented at what he does. Of course we're supposed to be rock fans here and not be "down" with rap and all, but I think he is okay. I grew up around St. Louis and everyone, I mean just about EVERYONE is into Nelly there. Even the old people are familiar with him because he is a local celeberty. I'm sure all of the people in nursing homes in West Lafayette, Indiana know who Axl is also.

The bottom line is that GN'R did it first. He probably copied them. He was certainly aware, at least, that GN'R had done it in the past, because I am sure his business team looked into the strategy.

And didn't GN'R release the two albums the same day? In your post WL, it says that Nelly released the albums in the same week. Were they released on different days or something? Sorry, I have not kept up with Nelly news. :lol:

All rappers only release albums to make money and get some ugly hoes... rockstars do it for the joy of making music.. they exspress themselves and love it.. im sure they would not trade it for anything. But rappers would for a few million dollars and a personsal hoe

do you know every rapper and every rockstar?

damn!!

:rolleyes:

All rappers only release albums to make money and get some ugly hoes... rockstars do it for the joy of making music.. they exspress themselves and love it.. im sure they would not trade it for anything. But rappers would for a few million dollars and a personsal hoe

I agree. Beside i hate rap, it sucks.

Guess Nelly sucks too. :P;)

The R'n'B star opted to release two separate albums rather than a double one, with Suit debuting at number one, and Sweat at number two.

of course he did that, he'll make double the money by releasing two albums rather than one b/c ppl have to buy both of them

yeh the GNR albums mean something these stupid wannabe gangsters saying how tough it was for them(50 cent who got shot 9 times who was the damn assasin ray charles?) :D i hate rap and country i only like rock mostly old rock. these rap guys can just f off they suck rap is the most annoying music ever.

Fuck Nelly.

Don't get so mad at him having the same record as GNR though because if you think about it, if he released his crappy ass Suit & Sweat back in those days, there's no FUCKING way they would have debuted at #1 and 2. Nowadays there's just a load of bullshit music, and people are scoring hits everywhere with junk.

Nelly released two albums last week and they both went in at no 1 and 2 in the american charts.  :angry:  Looks like like any idiot can now achieve what only a talented band like GNR could do back then.

Rapper Nelly has hit the number one and two spot in the US album chart after releasing two albums in the same week.

The last time an artist had a number one and two album was Guns and Roses in 1991 with Use Your Illusion I and II.

Suit is Nelly's third number one album, following on from the success of Country Grammar and Nellyville.

By taking over the top spots he knocked country star Alan Jackson off the top, with his album What I Do falling to number seven.

Last week's number two, Tim Graw, slipped to number three, while Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company fell down one to four.

Comparing todays music with the musical quality that was much more present back in the day is pointless. Today's charts are 99% utter crap. People don't care anymore about music being intelligent, making a statement or expressing an opinion. A sad fact we all have to accept. And I hate is as much as you do. So no, record sales don't say much anymore.

On a sidenote, I still like to see todays good bands (like VR for example) do good in the charts, because it makes them money, and encourages them to record more music and tour. Also, it's good to see people still appreciate the actual good stuff.

well said B)