Taste

Lindy

wink wink..

I haven't heard to much of Rory to be honest but I do have one taste album called On the boards which I got a few years back when I was starting out on the guitar. He was a guitar player and musician with his '61 Fender Stratocaster and he even played the sax which was pretty cool B) When you listen to the album you realise why he is considered by many to be one of the alltime best guitar players, I loved the guitar in "It Happened Before, It'll Happen Again" probably my favourite song.

How long you been into them Lindy? I didn’t think you’d be into this sort of stuff...

My dad got me into him.He was a big fan of Rory.

I didn't realise til I was older that he was Irish :rolleyes: he was born in Ballyshannon and grew up in Cork.You would think with a surname like Gallagher the penny would have dropped sooner.It is only when a girl in my primary class had the surname Gallagher I twigged on.

It is hard to believe Taste were only together for a few years.

Did you check out his acoustic folk album “Wheels Within Wheels” Lindy?it is well worth the listen.

wink wink..

I haven't heard to much of Rory to be honest but I do have one taste album called On the boards which I got a few years back when I was starting out on the guitar. He was a guitar player and musician with his '61 Fender Stratocaster and he even played the sax which was pretty cool B) When you listen to the album you realise why he is considered by many to be one of the alltime best guitar players, I loved the guitar in "It Happened Before, It'll Happen Again" probably my favourite song.

How long you been into them Lindy? I didn’t think you’d be into this sort of stuff...

Well I got to know Morning Sun when I was around 7-8 (my Uncle educates me good you see ;) ..) and then 1 and a half year ago I got Taste Live at the Island of Wight. Man that's one of the most awesome albums I own..

Why didn't you think I'd be into it?

It's very Jimi Hendrix Experience-like..

Well at least what I've heard..

Songs like Morning Sun and What's Going On are my favouriteones

Edited by Lindy

wink wink..

Well I got to know Morning Sun when I was around 7-8 (my Uncle educates me good you see ;) ..) and then 1 and a half year ago I got Taste Live at the Island of Wight. Man that's one of the most awesome albums I own..

Why didn't you think I'd be into it?

It's very Jimi Hendrix Experience-like..

Well at least what I've heard..

Songs like Morning Sun and What's Going On are my favouriteones

Well your Uncle has good taste ;) I've read reviews about Live at the Island of Wight LP and it sounds like a pretty good album, I would have owened it by now only if I wasn't so skint all the time <_<

I just didn't think you would have heard of them, people I know (except for my dad) would be like "who is taste", "never heard of them" <_< People just don't know good music these days :rolleyes::lol:

Well your Uncle has good taste ;) I've read reviews about Live at the Island of Wight LP and it sounds like a pretty good album, I would have owened it by now only if I wasn't so skint all the time <_< 

I just didn't think you would have heard of them, people I know (except for my dad) would be like "who is taste", "never heard of them"  <_< People just don't know good music these days  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Hahaha!

Yeah I know what you mean, last time I had a topic about them it got NO replies :mellow:

It's pretty strange though you know, I consider Rory as like the second best guitarist in the world or something. I mean he's amazing!

It's pretty shocking though what you say about good music, I mean I can mention Jimi Hendrix, even to guitarists and they will be one huge questionmark. It's just pah. :monkey:

And yes, my Uncle has an awesome taste, him and my Mother got me into all my music.

Do you know Blue Cheer?

Edited by Lindy

Well your Uncle has good taste ;) I've read reviews about Live at the Island of Wight LP and it sounds like a pretty good album, I would have owened it by now only if I wasn't so skint all the time

I just didn't think you would have heard of them, people I know (except for my dad) would be like "who is taste", "never heard of them" People just don't know good music these days  :rolleyes:  

Hahaha!

Yeah I know what you mean, last time I had a topic about them it got NO replies :mellow:

It's pretty strange though you know, I consider Rory as like the second best guitarist in the world or something. I mean he's amazing!

It's pretty shocking though what you say about good music, I mean I can mention Jimi Hendrix, even to guitarists and they will be one huge questionmark. It's just pah.

And yes, my Uncle has an awesome taste, him and my Mother got me into all my music.

Do you know Blue Cheer?

None of my friends but one know who Hendrix was :cry: I used to play in a band in school and when it came to choosing songs everyone was just like errrrr.. something by Nirvana or whatever?.. :anger:

Have you heard Vincebus Eruptum? :devil: a 60s Rock Classic! D'ya know Blue Cheer were friends with and played on the same bill as Jimi Hendrix Experience and Pink Floyd B) I love their frantic, greasy noise!!