The White Stripes

Johnny gnr

Um I don't think they're siblings, I thought they were once married?

So far I only like one of their CD's called "Elephant." It's pretty good although the first half is all filler except for the opening track. "Seven Nation Army" and "Ball and Biscuit" are the best off that album in my opinion.

I dont think they are related..... i dont think they were ever married.

Elephant isnt as good as other albums! De Stijl and White Blood Cells are mad albums.

Saw them at Livid (Aus Festival) they were pretty good.

White Blood Cells is the only other cd I've heard, De Stijl is on hold at the library for me. I didn't like White Blood Cells that much, there's a few good songs on it but they took a while to find and those songs make me cringe at certain spots. I think Elephant shows more of their musical potential and gave me hope that there's atleast one band out there that actually knows what rock is, I still don't know why "Ball and Biscuit" didn't get very far except for the fact that it's 7-minutes long, I love that song. That one song alone has more solos in it than prolly all of White Blood Cells, although solos aren't everything, I know that, but it definently shows a different side of the band to me.

:huh: hmmm i always thought they were brother and sister (Jack and Meg White) and the rumours that they were married were just that... rumours. I think i heard in an interview where they sasid they were brother and sister.... I could be wrong though <_<

I dont think they are related..... i dont think they were ever married.

Elephant isnt as good as other albums! De Stijl and White Blood Cells are mad albums.

Saw them at Livid (Aus Festival) they were pretty good.

White Blood Cells is the only other cd I've heard, De Stijl is on hold at the library for me. I didn't like White Blood Cells that much, there's a few good songs on it but they took a while to find and those songs make me cringe at certain spots. I think Elephant shows more of their musical potential and gave me hope that there's atleast one band out there that actually knows what rock is, I still don't know why "Ball and Biscuit" didn't get very far except for the fact that it's 7-minutes long, I love that song. That one song alone has more solos in it than prolly all of White Blood Cells, although solos aren't everything, I know that, but it definently shows a different side of the band to me.

Don't get me wrong i like Elephant, i just tired from it quickly... i loved the cover I just dont know what to do with myself. But Yeah

De Stijl is good, the firs song on that is prob the best "You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl)"

If you don't like White Blood Cells i donno if you will like De Stijl.... its good but it is a bit weird. See for urself i guess.

Its scary. I think I know all the words to all their songs. I think they're brilliant.

And they always introduce themselves at live shows as 'Hi, I'm Jack White and this is my big sister Meg.'

...Pretty self-explainotry ;)

Edited by 3lwooD

Its scary. I think I know all the words to all their songs. I think they're brilliant.

And they always introduce themselves at live shows as 'Hi, I'm Jack White and this is my big sister Meg.'

...Pretty self-explainotry ;)

I remember hearing that "big-sister Meg" part somewhere before, I think I just thought it was meant metaphorically, like they're such close friends or she's helped him out so much in life. I think that's what a metaphor is... English class may have failed me again.

Stupid Moron: And I don't dislike White Blood Cells, there are songs I like on it, but it's not anything I'd wanna do air guitar to or play often... prolly the same way you feel about Elephant. Oh well, I'm waiting for their next album to come out, I have high hopes for it.

I almost feel like I'm insulting you when I say ur name :rolleyes: .

Lol.... yeah alot of ppl used to say that.... .You can call me SM :P

It's from the simpsons if u'd like to know... When moe gets that prank call and he says "im a stupid moron with an ugly face and a bit butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt" lol... just to clear things up.

Um yeah... i donno all of white stripes albums i tired from easily.. but for that while i was into them i was really into them.... Bleh