Nirvana box set to be released!!!

Bruno

I just want to say that I'm listening to it now, and this thing is SUPER! :D

suprisingly big ammount of stuff that wasn't on bootlegs :)

I'm also listening to it Ron, it's awesome!! :D

did you notice that when you open the box and touch the brown picture with papers in the background the picture changes colors? It's so cool

I got the album on tuesday (it was only $28 at target), and it is awesome! The DVD alone is almost worth the price, especially their early shows. The best song on the box set is definetely Verse Chorus Verse (AKA Sappy), and I love one of the early live tracks, where Kurt ends the song saying, ''Thank you very much (ALA Andy Kauffman).''

Edited by Duffmandavid

Return of the Rat is great

Most of these unreleased songs have been aroung for a long time... I had most of them. I did not buy any bootleg, just found them on kazaa, etc...

The cd quality is not much improved... it's almost as if Courtney had gone in Kazaa, downloaded the songs and cleaned the defects...

I got the album on tuesday (it was only $28 at target), and it is awesome! The DVD alone is almost worth the price, especially their early shows. The best song on the box set is definetely Verse Chorus Verse (AKA Sappy), and I love one of the early live tracks, where Kurt ends the song saying, ''Thank you very much (ALA Andy Kauffman).''

Ehrm...when you look at the tracklist, Verse Chorus Verse and Sappy are two different songs... :unsure:

No, their the same song, listen to them.

Ehrm...when you look at the tracklist, Verse Chorus Verse and Sappy are two different songs... :unsure:

Not originally. Verse Chorus Verse (Sappy) was the secret song of 'No Alternative', Kurt later changed it to just Sappy and used VCV for another song (the one you hear on the box set) which was called 'In his hands.'

There are a lot of unheard songs that are not on the box set but they are mostly unfinished and very rough. It's too bad the DVD didn't show the full Rio session, because there are a few untitled songs they do that would have been cool to see them perform.

Duff comments about the NIrvana boxset

Former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan commented on the new Nirvana box set and the whole aspect of royalties:

"The new Nirvana box set With The Lights Out is going to provide a payday for more than just the members of the band. Velvet Revolver's Duff McKagan, who watched the formation of Nirvana as a Seattle native, told The Fox that other musicians who are on the box set -- such as former members of the band and original Screaming Trees drummer Mark Pickerel -- will be seeing royalty payments, which will help some of them quite a bit: 'You know, there's some guys who got cut in on this. The original drummer from Screaming Trees, for example -- he owns a record store, he lives in a little, little town in eastern Washington. He's just about to go under, (and) some lawyer called him and said, 'Well, you know, you're getting such-and-such percentage of this record,' and it's gonna change his life. These guys have been musicians all their lives, and never made a dime. That alone is a great aspect of this box set coming out.' " Story courtesy of 99.3 The Fox. Thanks to Daniela. Duff's current band, Velvet Revolver, did a cover of Nirvana's Negative Creep