MEN Arena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
yer im goin, seats are bit dodgy like. section 115. like the very far right of the stage, but i dnt care bout the view, well i do, but its part of the whole expierience. im right at the front aswell. mite take home with me slash's guitar :ph34r:

Mate, they're REALLY good seats. 115 and 102 are the best blocks to be in - either side of the stage. If you're in the lower tier then the view will be great.

I was in block 113 (which is much further around) in the lower tier for a concert recently and the view was brilliant. And I've also been as far away from the stage as possible for a couple of gigs and it doesn't matter because there are huge screens either side of the stage so you can see everything.

I absolutely can't wait!

Yeah bu id still prefer standing near the front!

Why didn't you get standing tickets then? They all gone?

Dunno if this'll help, but when we went to the Apollo to see VR, my sis and I had standing tickets, and we got talking to two lads who had only be able to get seated tickets.

We all went in together, and when the attendent asked for our tickets to get into the standing area, I put our standing tickets on top of their seated ones and handed them all in. The attendent just saw 4 tickets and 4 people, and let us all into the standing bit.

So the moral of the story is - make friends with some bird with standing tickets, and you might be able to stand.

Edited by toffeegirl

Dunno if this'll help, but when we went to the Apollo to see VR, my sis and I had standing tickets, and we got talking to two lads who had only be able to get seated tickets.

We all went in together, and when the attendent asked for our tickets to get into the standing area, I put our standing tickets on top of their seated ones and handed them all in. The attendent just saw 4 tickets and 4 people, and let us all into the standing bit.

So the moral of the story is - make friends with some bird with standing tickets, and you might be able to stand.

Thanks for the tip but you missed my meaning. I got standing on the day they came out for sale just like at the apollo

Thanks for the tip but you missed my meaning. I got standing on the day they came out for sale just like at the apollo

oh sorry mate - I was still talking to that graemelynch bloke!

I've only had 1 experience of the men arena, seeing l*nk"n' P$rk :ph34r: but at that concert people were like free to walk around everywhere, in and around the pit and into the seating area and all over really, so judging by that I don't really care where the tickets would be for cos people just walk around anywhere really. and haha when i was there a load of the people sitting in the lower tiers and people standing at the front of the pit got plastic pints of beer launched at them and all sorts, everyone was throwing food and drinks so I wouldn't sit low down near the front if i was there.

• 2 weeks later...

It really pisses me off that the trains don't run as late on a sunday from Victoria, even though they know that there are concerts on.

For the night of the VR gig - the last train back to Liverpool is 9.45pm. So if we wanted to get the train home, we'd have to leave before the end of the concert. So that means that one of us won't be able to drink as we'll have to drive home. How shit is that? Piss poor planning on behalf of the train companies if you ask me.

Rant over.

It really pisses me off that the trains don't run as late on a sunday from Victoria, even though they know that there are concerts on.

For the night of the VR gig - the last train back to Liverpool is 9.45pm. So if we wanted to get the train home, we'd have to leave before the end of the concert. So that means that one of us won't be able to drink as we'll have to drive home. How shit is that? Piss poor planning on behalf of the train companies if you ask me.

Rant over.

You drink at concerts young lady!!??? :o

How much can you drink and be still under the legal limit to drive a car in England? Of course this is no option for you!!! :angry:;)

Seriously, can't we all just have fun without alcohol? God, I'm talking lots of crap today :D

yer im goin, seats are bit dodgy like. section 115. like the very far right of the stage, but i dnt care bout the view, well i do, but its part of the whole expierience. im right at the front aswell. mite take home with me slash's guitar  :ph34r:

Mate, they're REALLY good seats. 115 and 102 are the best blocks to be in - either side of the stage. If you're in the lower tier then the view will be great.

I was in block 113 (which is much further around) in the lower tier for a concert recently and the view was brilliant. And I've also been as far away from the stage as possible for a couple of gigs and it doesn't matter because there are huge screens either side of the stage so you can see everything.

I absolutely can't wait!

fucking excellent, i thought they were those ones right on the very end. like parralell with the stage or somethin so you cant see anything except curtains :drevil: but sounds good anyway cant wait! :D

You drink at concerts young lady!!??? :o

I'm only ladylike when it suits me ;):P

How much can you drink and be still under the legal limit to drive a car in England? Of course this is no option for you!!! :angry:  ;)

I'm not sure, you can have a couple - but neither Mr Toffs nor myself ever have a drink if we're driving.

Seriously, can't we all just have fun without alcohol? God, I'm talking lots of crap today :D

Yeah, I can - it's just that I would like to have a drink on this occasion - as I'm going with a few people so we're making a day of it in Manchester. It just pisses me off that the option is taken away due to what seems like a silly oversight in the transport schedule!!

Mind you - seeing as I'm going to be blotto at the gig in Newcastle the day before, I'll probably be sick as a dog for this gig and I'll end up doing the driving!! :P

Mind you - seeing as I'm going to be blotto at the gig in Newcastle the day before, I'll probably be sick as a dog for this gig and I'll end up doing the driving!! :P

God, you're too good to be true!! Mr. Toffs is one lucky bastard!! <_<

He can drink 10 beers and you drive, the perfect girlfriend!!

PS: Will he let you drive his car? :unsure:

Mind you - seeing as I'm going to be blotto at the gig in Newcastle the day before, I'll probably be sick as a dog for this gig and I'll end up doing the driving!!  :P

God, you're too good to be true!! Mr. Toffs is one lucky bastard!! <_<

He can drink 10 beers and you drive, the perfect girlfriend!!

PS: Will he let you drive his car? :unsure:

His car is huge - I'll squash them all into my car :P Anyway, the sound system is better in my car ;)

His car is huge - I'll squash them all into my car :P Anyway, the sound system is better in my car ;)

Smart guy!! Not letting your girlfriend drive your car is a good decision!! My friends laughed at me when I let my last gf drive my car. :(

The bad thing is, they were right! She scratched it when she tried to park it! :angry:

But I just love doing stupid things when I'm in love :D

Yeah I might be going.

You guys live near Manchester?

aye, well not too far away, i live 14miles out of Chester in a little village called Little Budworth, home of Oulton Park (touring cars, super bikes etc) and a car park in the middle of the woods frequented by a mr Stan Collymore.

Aye got standing tickets