Mercy - U2 b-Side

Bono

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=091EDF1...0C01D7E133ACAAB

This is a fucking b-side off the album!! :o It's fucking brilliantly amazing. If this is a b-side :o Oh my god I can't wait till the 23rd! I love this song.I don't care what anyone says U2 is without a doubt the greatest band ever. If you don't like this song then what's wrong with you? Sorry but I think it's awesome. It sounds like a mesh of all U2. Unforgetable Fire with Achtung and Bono sounds fantastic.

Edited by Bono

U2 oversaturation. What'd'ya expect. U2 to put out an album and me sit around all quiet and shit. :lol:

http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=091EDF1...0C01D7E133ACAAB

Please someone listen to this song and tell me what you think. Be honest I don't care. I love it.

I was drinking some wine

and it turned to blood

whats the use of religion

if your any good

i know i'm weak full of honey

youre sugar

if you're the prosecution

you get away with murder

if you were ice

i'm water

and with your telescope

i can see further

we're battery cold

a one and a zero

you wanted violence

and you got mirror?

you're gravity

searching for the ground

your silence

searching for a sound

your heart is aching

your heart is my home

its fascinating

i know ill never be alone

?

you got 2 hands to run

im thinking about dangers

of someone elses love

love is when i lie

love puts the blue back in my eye

love will come again

ill be gone again....again

if you hunger

baby let me feed it

if your heart is full

baby let me bleed it

and happiness is for

those who dont really need it

you love me... too much

you always loved me...too much

when I was ripping the stages

you got too much to run

i'm diggin for dangers?

with someone elses luck

love is when i lie

love puts the blue back in my eye

love has come again

i am gone again

loves got to be with the wink

only whim it is a chance to speak

love will come again

i'll be gone again...again

i...i can't escape myself

i hear you tall

feeling nothing

i feel nothing

feel....

i hear someone

feel nothing

i feel so much

feel... nothing

love has come again

i am gone again...

love is the end

of history

the end of me

of misery

love has come again

i am gone again

love is justice

of charity

love brings with it a clarity

love has come again

i'm alive again

i am alive baby im born again and again and again and again and again....again

Greatest band ever??? That must mean they are better than Zeppelin, Floyd, Rush, Jethro Tull, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Yes, Black Sabbath, Velvet Underground, Cream, Rainbow, GUNS N ROSES--- I think this list can go on for a while. I don't think so----

:lol: Some of the bands you listed are a joke. C'mon man. Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? Yes? :rolleyes: You name me a band that has been around longer than U2 with no lineup changes, has sold over 120 million albums, has made such an impact on the music scene as well as the social scene, is as cross gender, cross racial, cross generational appealing, is better live than anyone, they continue to be extremely relevant ie: not a washed up rock dinasour, and dispite what anyone may say has never allowed they're music to be used for comercial use. Yeah ipod but you know what? they recieved no money for that endorsment. name me one band that can copmpare to u2 in not only one of the things I've mentioned but in all of them. YOU CAN'T. I could even go on but really why bother. It's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time. This new album will show that. 25 years into their career and this album just may be the best yet.

Greatest band ever??? That must mean they are better than Zeppelin, Floyd, Rush, Jethro Tull, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple, Yes, Black Sabbath, Velvet Underground, Cream, Rainbow, GUNS N ROSES--- I think this list can go on for a while. I don't think so----

:lol: Some of the bands you listed are a joke. C'mon man. Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? Yes? :rolleyes: You name me a band that has been around longer than U2 with no lineup changes, has sold over 120 million albums, has made such an impact on the music scene as well as the social scene, is as cross gender, cross racial, cross generational appealing, is better live than anyone, they continue to be extremely relevant ie: not a washed up rock dinasour, and dispite what anyone may say has never allowed they're music to be used for comercial use. Yeah ipod but you know what? they recieved no money for that endorsment. name me one band that can copmpare to u2 in not only one of the things I've mentioned but in all of them. YOU CAN'T. I could even go on but really why bother. It's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time. This new album will show that. 25 years into their career and this album just may be the best yet.

I think you're right that U2 might be bigger and better then some of the bands on his list, but dude, you shouldnt be calling bands like Deep Purple and Yes a joke. Where would we be without the classic 'smoke on the water' riff. Prog rock would not have progressed (pardon the pun) without the inclusion of Yes.

Btw, Im not a fan of "Mercy." I really love a lot of U2, but the lyrics in that song do not compare to the quality and thoughtfullness of past U2 works.

:lol: Some of the bands you listed are a joke. C'mon man. Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? Yes? :rolleyes: You name me a band that has been around longer than U2 with no lineup changes, has sold over 120 million albums, has made such an impact on the music scene as well as the social scene, is as cross gender, cross racial, cross generational appealing, is better live than anyone, they continue to be extremely relevant ie: not a washed up rock dinasour, and dispite what anyone may say has never allowed they're music to be used for comercial use. Yeah ipod but you know what? they recieved no money for that endorsment.

Maybe not directly. But you think it won't help sell some records?

name me one band that can copmpare to u2 in not only one of the things I've mentioned but in all of them. YOU CAN'T. I could even go on but really why bother. It's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time.

Dude seriously. It's not obvious. If it was obvious then it would also be NOT debateable. But it is. A case can be made for a dozen (probably more) different bands. Not everyone will use the same criteria as you.

Even though I don't much care for them, I have to tip my hat to their accomplishments. Nobody will deny that they are very impressive, but that doesn't necessarily make their music better than everyone else's. And that's what is most crucial IMO...not sales, or no lineup changes in 25 years or appeal in certain demographics, or best band live (that one's just an opinion).

Besides, music is subjective, so there can be no definitive best band of all-time.

I think you're right that U2 might be bigger and better then some of the bands on his list, but dude, you shouldnt be calling bands like Deep Purple and Yes a joke. Where would we be without the classic 'smoke on the water' riff. Prog rock would not have progressed (pardon the pun) without the inclusion of Yes.

That's fair. that was my bad for stateing it the way i did. What I ment was I highlky doubt that bands the likes of Deep Purple and yes and Jethro Tull and even Rush would be considered in the top 20 bands of all time. I know Deep Purple have this slightly classic vibe to them but I mean Smoke on the Water and then what? You know.

Some of the bands you listed are a joke. C'mon man. Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? Yes?  You name me a band that has been around longer than U2 with no lineup changes, has sold over 120 million albums, has made such an impact on the music scene as well as the social scene, is as cross gender, cross racial, cross generational appealing, is better live than anyone, they continue to be extremely relevant ie: not a washed up rock dinasour, and dispite what anyone may say has never allowed they're music to be used for comercial use. Yeah ipod but you know what? they recieved no money for that endorsment

You are right about that. directly they don't recieve money save for the royalties form their special edition ipod. But U2 teaming up with ipod and iTunes is just a sign of the times. It makes sense and is just another way to distribute music. It ecourages leagl downloading through itunes. So it never was a sell out rather way to distrubute music through another means other than just cd, vinyl, or cassette. I think it's actuall cool now and I think more bands will follow.

name me one band that can copmpare to u2 in not only one of the things I've mentioned but in all of them. YOU CAN'T. I could even go on but really why bother. It's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time.
Dude seriously. It's not obvious. If it was obvious then it would also be NOT debateable. But it is. A case can be made for a dozen (probably more) different bands. Not everyone will use the same criteria as you.

Even though I don't much care for them, I have to tip my hat to their accomplishments. Nobody will deny that they are very impressive, but that doesn't necessarily make their music better than everyone else's. And that's what is most crucial IMO...not sales, or no lineup changes in 25 years or appeal in certain demographics, or best band live (that one's just an opinion).

Besides, music is subjective, so there can be no definitive best band of all-time

This is a good post. What I was getting at is that I guess the bands you mentioned won't be regarded as highly as U2 in general. And like you said music is subjective to the listner, so really how important is "in generall"? Not really. And as for me saying it's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time that's just me being Bono. I mean the real Bono is quoted as saying It's the most interesting art object since the electric guitar in terms of music" in regards to the ipod Pardon me?! Yeah real Bono I don't think so. But yeah so when i say things like that I'm just in character. :lol: Just kidding sometimes I just say dumb things. :blink:

Edited by Bono

Some of the bands you listed are a joke. C'mon man. Jethro Tull? Deep Purple? Yes?  You name me a band that has been around longer than U2 with no lineup changes, has sold over 120 million albums, has made such an impact on the music scene as well as the social scene, is as cross gender, cross racial, cross generational appealing, is better live than anyone, they continue to be extremely relevant ie: not a washed up rock dinasour, and dispite what anyone may say has never allowed they're music to be used for comercial use. Yeah ipod but you know what? they recieved no money for that endorsment

You are right about that. directly they don't recieve money save for the royalties form their special edition ipod. But U2 teaming up with ipod and iTunes is just a sign of the times. It makes sense and is just another way to distribute music. It ecourages leagl downloading through itunes. So it never was a sell out rather way to distrubute music through another means other than just cd, vinyl, or cassette. I think it's actuall cool now and I think more bands will follow.

Besides, music is subjective, so there can be no definitive best band of all-time

This is a good post. What I was getting at is that I guess the bands you mentioned won't be regarded as highly as U2 in general. And like you said music is subjective to the listner, so really how important is "in generall"? Not really. And as for me saying it's so obvious that they are and will go down as the greatest band of all time that's just me being Bono. I mean the real Bono is quoted as saying It's the most interesting art object since the electric guitar in terms of music" Pardon me?! Yeah real Bono I don't think so. But yeah so when i say things like that I'm just in character. :lol: Just kidding sometimes I just say dumb things. :blink:

Okay. That's cool. Sometimes I think you get a little carried away. But it's good to know where you're coming from. I will lay off a bit! B)