Children Sue Pink Floyd

Gigger

Got this from Yahoo News... Bit strange, I'm sure username will find it amusing!

Pink Floyd Kids Need Some Compensation

The children who sang the classic line "We don't need no education" on the Pink Floyd hit Another Brick In the Wall are suing the band. They 23 youngsters were never paid for contributing to the song.Now they want thousands of pounds in broadcasting rights cash.

The smash-hit single gave Pink Floyd a number one in 1979 and was featured on The Wall, one of the biggest-selling albums of all time.

One of the singers, Peter Thorpe, 38, said: "'We were just taken to the studios and it was great fun.

"I didn't realise royalties were owed. I'm very glad to be in a position to claim them."

Teacher Alun Renshaw secretly ferried the children from Islington Green School in north London into the studio without telling head teacher Margaret Maden.

She later banned the youngsters from appearing on Top of the Pops.

The school was given £1,000 and a platinum disc by the band as a thank you.

Edited by failure_to_communicate

I don't think they needed to go as far as to sue the band, they prolly coulda just asked. I'd love to hear the band's side of this, I bet the kids won't get shit since they were doing it under the direction of their teacher and they weren't asked individually. Oh well, I doubt they're gonna get what they're asking for since it's like 25 years later and Pink Floyd isn't known to cheat people like that, they've given a lot to charities over the years, maybe a couple of dollars each and a signed album.

I don't think they needed to go as far as to sue the band, they prolly coulda just asked. I'd love to hear the band's side of this, I bet the kids won't get shit since they were doing it under the direction of their teacher and they weren't asked individually. Oh well, I doubt they're gonna get what they're asking for since it's like 25 years later and Pink Floyd isn't known to cheat people like that, they've given a lot to charities over the years, maybe a couple of dollars each and a signed album.

Lol, strange big of news there. I guess we just live in that kind of society where if someone can get some money they'll do anything they can, even sue them.

R.

Pah..that's pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't care, I'd just be glad I was on Another Brick in the Wall!

Same here. But now those kids are 40 and half of them are probably out of work, and like most people, don't believe in earning their money. I don't think Pink Floyd owes them a dime.