Buying a mini system

KBear

Well I'm going to buy a mini system to do most of my listening on until I buy a kick ass stero system one day. I want a good one though, one that can produce really nice sound. I'm leaning to his beauty right now. If anyone has any recommendations, please post them.

http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Microsystems/mcr_e500.jsp

I'll probably use November Rain in the stores to test out different models. I figure that's a good song to see if the system produces nice sound.

Humph, I thought at least a few people here would own one of these things. Anyways, I tested a Sony model, a JVC, and a Panasonic, and so far the Panasonic sounds the best, by far.

http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audiovideo...tain/scpm29.asp

This week I'm going to check out some higher end models (ie. Denon, Yamaha, etc). I did check out an Onkyo today too, it had really nice sound, probably the best, but it cost $800 and that just ain't gonna happen. The Panasonic, at $350, is much better value. I don't wanna go over $500.

Not sure if anyone here cares about this stuff, but I'm bored, so I'm posting it! B)

Umm ok.....? :sleeper:

:rolleyes: That was unneccesary. If a topic doesn't interest you and also doesn't offend you then you should really just stay out of it.

KBear, that's a really nice system. I'm jealous. I think you should go with the Panasonic. Sony and Panasonic stuff always seems to last the longest for me. My advice is to never buy anything JVC. It's cheaply made, poor quality, and won't last you very long.

Humph, I thought at least a few people here would own one of these things. Anyways, I tested a Sony model, a JVC, and a Panasonic, and so far the Panasonic sounds the best, by far.

http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audiovideo...tain/scpm29.asp

This week I'm going to check out some higher end models (ie. Denon, Yamaha, etc). I did check out an Onkyo today too, it had really nice sound, probably the best, but it cost $800 and that just ain't gonna happen. The Panasonic, at $350, is much better value. I don't wanna go over $500.

Not sure if anyone here cares about this stuff, but I'm bored, so I'm posting it! B)

i tested a sony & panasonic,

the panasonic sounded loads better for a little more money,i'm well happy with the sound of it,

i had a loud technics system cost 4 x more

dont miss it at all

Funny thing is that Panasonic, JVC, and Technics are all owned by one company, Matsushita.

But yeah, the Panasonic sounded best. I'll either buy that or a higher end brand, if they have a model that's not too expensive. I was really disappointed in the Sony I tested. I was expecting it to be at least on par with Panasonic.

I'm sort of exicted about this purchase, and you'll understand why when you know that my best system right now is a ten or fifteen year old Sony boombox that doesn't even have detachable speakers. Our stereo system is like thirty years old and I don't even listen to it.

GN'R is going to sound so much better, even though my Sony actually doesn't sound bad at all. Good sound for that type of system.

Just get the most powerful one. A 150 watts RMS per channel all-in-one system will easily beat a 40 watts per channel seperates set-up costing twice as much. I speak from personal experience here. I had a 40 watts per channel seperates set up at one time and later a 100 watts per channel mini system and it was just so much better for rock music. Music cannot sound good unless it's being pushed put of the speaker with a lot of power behind it. Hi-fi magazines prattle on about puny amps being good all the time but it's all relative. Power is essential for sound quality.Try not to go less than 100 watts rms per channel.