New U2 Album

NBKNAS

Wow I was truly disappointed. All those people telling me that the album will be their hardest rocker to date and vertigo was decent and I liked the riffs and chorus so I was a lil pumped up even though I was never a BIG fan of U2.. I liked some of their songs.

Then I read here post about 'with U2 about to release an amazing albu, can gnr cope..' or some shit like that.. WHAT the hell is this album, its like a pop sissy fruit loop fest album... every song is a cheesy love song.. HECK one talks about tshirts and shoes!

that album's lyrics are horrible! Heck Britney Spears records have better lyrics then that album. Talk about misleading reviews.

Either way, I've never listened to full albums of U2, I know a lot of songs, but I never sat down and listened to a whole album by them, so i'm not sure maybe that's how their music is usually outside their big hits.

Wow I was truly disappointed. All those people telling me that the album will be their hardest rocker to date and vertigo was decent and I liked the riffs and chorus so I was a lil pumped up even though I was never a BIG fan of U2.. I liked some of their songs.

Then I read here post about 'with U2 about to release an amazing albu, can gnr cope..' or some shit like that.. WHAT the hell is this album, its like a pop sissy fruit loop fest album... every song is a cheesy love song.. HECK one talks about tshirts and shoes!

that album's lyrics are horrible! Heck Britney Spears records have better lyrics then that album. Talk about misleading reviews.

Either way, I've never listened to full albums of U2, I know a lot of songs, but I never sat down and listened to a whole album by them, so i'm not sure maybe that's how their music is usually outside their big hits.

its not a great album...but i like it..."yawea" and "vetigo" the best songs...if u can/want listen to this albums...Joshua tree and pop...

I admit the album isnt great but at least its a new album right....its not like axl's giving us anything

but i agree, whenever i listen to it, i usually end up putting joshua tree or achtung baby on.

i wouldn't want my band to release an album just for the sake of releasing one(cough money).. this album is a joke, if Bono were to spend more time writing better lyrics and music rather then running around screaming 'we gotta save the trees'.. then maybe they wouldn't have done such a crappy album.

I admit the album isnt great but at least its a new album right....its not like axl's giving us anything

but i agree, whenever i listen to it, i usually end up putting joshua tree or achtung baby on.

i wouldn't want my band to release an album just for the sake of releasing one(cough money).. this album is a joke, if Bono were to spend more time writing better lyrics and music rather then running around screaming 'we gotta save the trees'.. then maybe they wouldn't have done such a crappy album.

Vertigo is a good solid song... the rest... huh, well...

I love it, I think this album is great.

'Sometimes you can't make it on your own' and 'Yaweh' are 2 exceptional songs, listen to the lyrics and I'm sure that everyone can compare the lyrics to an experience in their life.

'Vertigo' is a rockin' song.

I love it personally.

When I first heard "Vertigo" I was like "what the fuck is this" but then I got into it, slowly mostly because it's catchy song, nothing epic. It just has the nice tune and yes, Bono's lyrics make no sense but it's still fun to listen to.

I don't have the album but it sold around 840K the first week. :shocked:

Vertigo (i think its called) sounds like they're trying to change their music to fit the latest trend in "rock", they sound like Jet or sumthin like that. Pretty sad they have to adopt their image and style to suit the trend of music listeners. zeppelin or floyd never did that and they where succesfull as fuck, thru the 60's 70's and 80's an even 90's. Same with the rolling stones

Vertigo (i think its called) sounds like they're trying to change their music to fit the latest trend in "rock", they sound like Jet or sumthin like that. Pretty sad they have to adopt their image and style to suit the trend of music listeners. zeppelin or floyd never did that and they where succesfull as fuck, thru the 60's 70's and 80's an even 90's. Same with the rolling stones

do you even know what your talking about? fit the latest trend??

Jet are basically copying a band called AC/DC...ever heard of then? <_<

and that is not the 'trend' at the moment...

do you even know what your talking about? fit the latest trend??

Jet are basically copying a band called AC/DC...ever heard of then? <_<

and that is not the 'trend' at the moment...

Listen to the whole album and post that again... you can't buoy!!!

I only have a few seconds so I'll try and make this good:

The new album admitedly is not the rock album we were all lead to belive it was going to be. An album however doesn't need to be rockin' to be rockin' if ya know what I mean. The album is full of emotion. Yes at times it gets bloated in songs like Original of the Species and City of Blinding Lights but face it, when have U2 not been bloated :lol: When it comes to u2 bloated means built for stadiums ;) . Sure the lyrics at times sound silly but if you know what the songs are about they make perfect sense. Yahweh is basically a prayer and despite what NBKNAS says about it, Bono is not singing about Shirts and shoes :rolleyes: Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Yahweh hebrew for God? Songs like Sometimes You Can't Make it on your own are deadly emotional and the music creates the perfect feeling for the song. Miracle Drug is about a boy who is either in a coma or quadrapaligic and through medicine/science and his mothers love not to give up, he is able to comunicate for the first time. Pretty cool. Vertigo is an awesome rock song and for those who continue to mock it do so in my opinion cause it's U2. Lyrically the song is plain fun. I don't think the album is as bad lyrically nas many say it is. Sure it's not Achtung baby good but it compares with the Joshua Tree. I mean the lyrics on that album aren't overly complex. The album is a great album but the band screwed up in my opinion by not including Mercy and having Fast Cars on the japanese Edition only. That was dumb. I measure an album by how long I listen to it after I buy it. Most times an album slowly fades to the cd rack after a few weeks and then gets played from time to time. This album is growing more an more on me everyday and I have two copies now. One for the house and one for the car. I also got the album on Vinyl today. So yeah I really like it. I admit that it does not live up to the hype.What U2 album can? I admit I am dissapointed at the lack of rock songs like Vertigo and All Becasue of You. I'm disapointed that they left to killer tracks(Mercy & Fast Cars) off the album. On the flip side I think Bono sounds better than ever. Adam Clayton's bass playing is remincent of the early albums like WAR, Larry is as cool as ever on the drums and the Edge's signature sound is back. It's a U2 album and if you were expecting anything else, than you set yourself up for disapointment even before you heard the thing.

This post is complete objective. I'm a U2 fan don't forget and this album screams U2 so yes I like it.

Edited by Bono

I like the album. I think its a nice change from my personal listening preferences. I thought there would be an explosion of rock tracks but i think the easy listening stuff fits in well. Definitely not U2s best album. But definitely not bad either.