why is it that bands from uk and the usa

slash85

why is it that only bands from english speaking countries become international stars. I was watching the european video music awards in Rome and all the acts were American. wtf. I'm an American and there is no current music on the charts from other countries nor does anyone here in the U.S. know any bands or musicians that are outside the U.S.. Yet everyone around the world knows all the American music. Can anyone from a foreign country add any light on this.

well im from the UK and you would be suprised how many international acts from europe break into the UK chart....they tend to be the one hit wonder type.

Recent ones include 'Dragon...sumthing' they are from romania and how can we forget that annoying spanish song, dont know the name but it goes like 'i said a hep, hop a hebbe bla bla. u know the one...lol the 3 spanish girls

well im from the UK and you would be suprised how many international acts from europe break into the UK chart....they tend to be the one hit wonder type.

Recent ones include 'Dragon...sumthing' they are from romania and how can we forget that annoying spanish song, dont know the name but it goes like 'i said a hep, hop a hebbe bla bla. u know the one...lol the 3 spanish girls

you mean Las Ketchup

hahaha what a shit yeah in germany it's the same.

I think it might have something to with English being kind of an international language. :rolleyes:

I mean I would rather listen to a song i can understand the words to then something like "ichten vahtzen boich!" or something. (no offence to Germans or Austrians or anything, just making a point).