too much rap

slash85

Here in the U.S. all that gets played is rap. Every time you turn on mtv its rap. You watch an award show all the performers are rappers. Its become too dominate in the mainstream. I was watching the European MTV awards all the acts were American rappers. WTF, there are no black people or ghetto life in Europe this does not make sense. Is rap very dominate in other countries besides the U.S.

Here in the U.S. all that gets played is rap. Every time you turn on mtv its rap. You watch an award show all the performers are rappers. Its become too dominate in the mainstream. I was watching the European MTV awards all the acts were American rappers. WTF, there are no black people or ghetto life in Europe this does not make sense. Is rap very dominate in other countries besides the U.S.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever read. There's plenty of black people in Europe, there's a substantial amount of black people in England, France, Portugal and other countries in Europe. And contrary to American belief there are ghetto's in Europe too, like Hackney and Brixton in London which are no different to Harlem and Compton.

Rap is popular here in England but so is bland indie music which is just as bad like Coldplay, Travis and Keane.

You can't expect MTV to play old style rock music which most of the people on this forum seem to like.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever read. There's plenty of black people in Europe, there's a substantial amount of black people in England, France, Portugal and other countries in Europe. And contrary to American belief there are ghetto's in Europe too, like Hackney and Brixton in London which are no different to Harlem and Compton.

Rap is popular here in England but so is bland indie music which is just as bad like Coldplay, Travis and Keane.

You can't expect MTV to play old style rock music which most of the people on this forum seem to like.

Spot bollock mate! B)

Have we had a conversation about Berkshire?

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

One of the most racist posts I have ever read.

Do you have to be Black and "from da hood" to like Hip Hop? Hip Hop is popular in Europe not because there are Black people and Ghettos too.

Do you have to be Black and "from da hood" to like Hip Hop? Hip Hop is popular in Europe not because there are Black people and Ghettos too.

That wasn't racist man! Dude was saying how it is, not that you HAVE to be "in da hood" to like that.

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

That's funny, there have to be black people for rap to be popular? Strange howt the most famous rapper (Eminem) is white, isn't it?

The dude's point was that there are black people and ghettos in Europe too, not that you have to be black to listen to rap. He was just correcting this : "there are no black people or ghetto life in Europe", which is untrue.

Edited by IndiannaRose

No black people in Europe? Fuck me, get out of your own state and see the world a little. You're clearly an ignorant fucker. That was one of the stupidest things I've ever read in my entire life.

You don't own a passport do you? :fuckyou:

The dude's point was that there are black people and ghettos in Europe too, not that you have to be black to listen to rap. He was just correcting this : "there are no black people or ghetto life in Europe", which is untrue.

There's a slightly more in-deph echo in here... :P

sorry i didn't know there were blacks and europe. What i meant by rap listeners, it helps to understand it more and be able to relate to it if your from a ghetoo inner city neighborhood. Often suburban white kids here in America get made fun of by blacks if they listen to rap because of how they can't relate to the messages of the songs. It seemed to me that Europeans could relate to it less.

Guest Conga Fissure

That wasn't racist man! Dude was saying how it is, not that you HAVE to be "in da hood" to like that.

Tell that to Charles Vincent III and Little Albert down the street.

You know, they traded in those body-hugging knit sweater vests for a cute platinum necklace, a bandanna and some gold caps.

Stereotypes- :wub:

Fads are everywhere. Any weak-minded folk can drift to a fad to fit in with people (obviously there's a diff between people who actually like rap and those who are in an emotionally unstable point in their lives and seek acceptance.)

Rap has a very profound beat and colorful, simplistic lyrics. And usually, pop rap artists build their record-selling empire through publicity stunts to give them the cliche "tough guy" appeal. Mr. Em carried in an unloaded gun into a restauraunt to "confront" his wife. Then all his fans bite the delusion/bait "HE"S ONE TOUGH MOTHERFUCKER!" And his latest LP goes multi-platinum. Pop rap, land of the pretentious (similar to some 80s pop metal, they're similar beasts.) Caters to the weak-minded yearning for direction/influnece and rap quite appeals to their primal minds. Fucking women with thin thongs, risin' up 'gainst 'the man' and dealing with everyday problems in their lush multi-million dollar mansions.

Ignorant....... yes, thats exactly the word I was looking for. There are alot of blacks in Europe (France and England for exampel.....), but almost none in Finland (cheap bastards).

sorry i didn't know there were blacks and europe. What i meant by rap listeners, it helps to understand it more and be able to relate to it if your from a ghetoo inner city neighborhood. Often suburban white kids here in America get made fun of by blacks if they listen to rap because of how they can't relate to the messages of the songs. It seemed to me that Europeans could relate to it less.

That's fucking ignorant.

You should really do some reading or shit. Even reading some of the Rap songs lyrics might help.

Not every Rap song talks about "da hood". Not every white person is a rich folk. Not every Black person lives in a ghetto. Howcome there are White rappers then?

Have you ever listened/read the lyrics of Slug, Aesop Rock or hell.. even Eminem?

Clearly not.

With each post you look dumber and dumber.

But he does have a point. Old school rap is good. Today its all bout goin to the club, wearing my bling bling, rocking up there in my mercedes benz, and smoking my dub, and seeing my hoe's, and they all be over my bling bling.... Its all so generic.

Rap and RnB once upon a time was good. Now its all mainstream.

But he does have a point. Old school rap is good. Today its all bout goin to the club, wearing my bling bling, rocking up there in my mercedes benz, and smoking my dub, and seeing my hoe's, and they all be over my bling bling.... Its all so generic.

Rap and RnB once upon a time was good. Now its all mainstream.

That's uneducated pile of crap right there.

Have you ever listened to something that is NOT on MTV? Like let's say... Other Eminem songs, other Kanye West songs, Nas, Sage Francis, Arrested Development?

Didn't think so.

Old school rap had as much "bling bling" or however you wanna call it.

Don't base and cancel a whole scene and culture because some dimwit who's screaming "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH" does it. Would you like to hear that Rock/Metal sucks because all the Rock bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and Sum 41 suck?

Listen to 2Pac (not the songs which he recorded during the eastwestbeef,people often reduce him on that)

Talib Kweli

Dilated peoples

Kanye West

Arrested Development (new album: Among the trees)

Paris

Common

Fugees

Jurassic 5

Rakim

Public Enemy

if you want thoughtful rap songs...that's no crap.

but i agree that todays succesfull rap is mostly bullshit (G-Unit and stuff)..

i miss the days when succesful rap and intelligent lyrics walked hand in hand.

Listen to 2Pac (not the songs which he recorded during the eastwestbeef,people often reduce him on that)

Talib Kweli

Dilated peoples

Kanye West

Arrested Development (new album: Among the trees)

Paris

Common

Fugees

Jurassic 5

Rakim

Public Enemy

if you want thoughtful rap songs...that's no crap.

but i agree that todays succesfull rap is mostly bullshit (G-Unit and stuff)..

i miss the days when succesful rap and intelligent lyrics walked hand in hand.

Sage Francis, Slug, Atmosphere, Sole, Cunninlynguists, Swollen Members.

Pick one of the names above and download some songs.

It's a false statement that there is no meaningfull quality Hip Hop today.

(Also you have Nas, Eminem and Talib Kwelli who just released a new album)

Edited by Projected