Nine Inch Nails

New Rose

According to a posting at The NIN Hotline, NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has spoken to Kerrang! magazine about his new band, confirming that Jeordie White (a.k.a. Twiggy Ramirez, A PERFECT CIRCLE, ex-MARILYN MANSON) and Jerome Dillon (drums) are on board, along with "newcomer guitarists Ralph Dieter and Alessandro Cortini."

The group's new CD, entitled "With Teeth", will contain 12 tracks, and is said to be "more song-orientated" than "The Fragile", which was described in the article as "instrumental soundtracks for movies that haven't been filmed yet." Said Trent, "I wanted to hone my songwriting skills with melodies and hooks." Trent also added that he ditched the original working title for the new album, "Bleedthrough", because "people were thinking about blood or a tampon commercial."

"With Teeth" is tentatively scheduled for an April/May release via Nothing/Interscope, according to the magazine, which is promising a longer interview and article in next week's issue.

In other news, a brand new posting at NIN's official web site indicates that the band "will be announcing the first round of U.S. tour dates in the near future. For access to ticket pre-sales, make sure you are registered with the NINE INCH NAILS mailing list."

Source: BLABBERMOUTH.NET

Edited by New Rose

That's wicked. More song oriented with more melodies and hooks. Nice. I didn't really care for The Fragile. Actually nothing Trent has done has been as good as PHM(in my opinion) and this article somewhat hints he may be leaning more towards that type of record. very cool. I'll buy it.

Edited by Bono

Guest Conga Fissure

I love Fragile. Wretched, Starfuckers, Somewhat Damaged...official sedation "time to go to bed music". Both discs just kind of drift on cohesively like a 2 hr. epic and occasionally change pace and have a few twists.

Pretty Hate Machine's lyrics are a little sub-par to Trent's later work. Musically it was excellent though.

Downward Spiral is the cross between the two. Nice melodic techno with incredible lyrics.

I love Fragile. Wretched, Starfuckers, Somewhat Damaged...official sedation "time to go to bed music". Both discs just kind of drift on cohesively like a 2 hr. epic and occasionally change pace and have a few twists.

Pretty Hate Machine's lyrics are a little sub-par to Trent's later work. Musically it was excellent though.

Downward Spiral is the cross between the two. Nice melodic techno with incredible lyrics.

Pretty Hate Machine has one of the most personal songs for me ever on that album. the lyrics in That's What I Get drilled me about 4 years ago. I hated the song because of it but I loved it also so much because it summed me and my situation up to a tee. No other song has ever been so close to describing what I felt personally ever. Especially the last 4 lines. It's my favorite NIN song ever.

just when everything was making sense

you took away all my self-confidence

now all that i've been hearing must be true

i guess i'm not the only boy for you

but that's what i get

that's what i get

that's what i get

that's what i get

how can you turn me into this?

after you just taught me how to kiss you

i told you i'd never say goodbye

now i'm slipping on the tears, you've made me cry