So dreams can come true....

Stupid_Moron

Recently ive been getting into "Midnight Oil" alot , i've always liked em.. but yeah ive been really getting into them of late... (they are an aussie band)

But yeah anyway... they have been broken up for a few years and swore never to reform... a few minutes ago i read this..

Australia’s music community has pulled together in unprecedented fashion in the wake of the Asian tsunami disaster with Wave Aid: The Tsunami Relief Concert.

On Saturday Jan 29, the Sydney Cricket Ground will host a stellar line-up of talent including a reformed Midnight Oil..etc etc other bands n shit

Not only is it a dream line-up (considering Midnight Oil vowed never to reform)... blah blah

So yeah... im like... totally stoked cause i thought it was another one of those bands that i would never get a chance to see ever.... just like gnr, but now i have a chance lol. .as long as if doesnt sell out in 10min lol... so yay

oilsrotsey.jpg

Edited by Stupid_Moron

Yeah i think im gonna take a disposable.... too risky taking a digital into a mosh lol...

Full lineup

MIDNIGHT OIL • POWDERFINGER • SILVERCHAIR • JOHN BUTLER TRIO • THE WRIGHTS • THE FINN BROTHERS • NICK CAVE • PETE MURRAY • KASEY CHAMBERS • MISSY HIGGINS • THE WAIFS

Pretty good Aussie lineup... Silverchair havent played a concert in 2 years... and ive never seen em either... i could have at big day out one time but that was around the release of their latest album which sucked hard.. so hopefully they play old shit.

ill let u know about pics ;)

Bugger!

Even though I have seen Silverchair several times I missed their last appearance in Brisbane! :(

Hope you enjoy the Day SM - Midnight Oil are cool live!

That is an impressive line up I would pay to see most of those bands/ performers!

Fuck living in Brisbane sometimes! <_<

Edited by SHAZ65

Fuck living in Brisbane sometimes! <_<

Ahh bummer...

It gets better for me though... (which makes me think something really bad is gonna happen hahaha, speaking of which i think i got caught speeding this morning :(, have to wait n see. )

But yeah... reading the local paper this morning and Midnight Oil are doing a warm up gig at my local Leagues club.. the night b4 YAY with Dallas Crane and After the Fall.... more aussie bands lol.. but yeah.. cant wait... (though ill have to skip work :unsure: )

i think they suck but thats me, peters dancing is allways good to watch tho :lol: he goes hard, stupid did you see the oil's concert that the abc played like a week maybe 2 weeks ago ?? in sydney.

are silverchair back together or is a one off thing? does anyone know, hope dan leaves that hippy shit he's doing

Edited by aussie_axl