EMO music

aceMCKANE

Whats up with todays rock bands expept velvet.Fuck that shit i dont like it at all. Emo music wtf........is that shit they talk sing like faggets. fuck man thank got for velvet. Anybody agree or not dont hat me. rock lots its meaning, what happen to the hard riffs, never ending solos wherers the blues................

Anybody agree or not dont hat me. rock lots its meaning, what happen to the hard riffs, never ending solos wherers the blues................

They died with gnr.

Anyway.. its not like VR have brought it back... rather dismal attempt if u ask me. If you want some good hard riffs there are alot of bands out there.... not much "blues" out there though....

Get the new Green Day album... best album they've ever written. imo

emo was always bad but i think it seems worse because there are SO many bands doing the same type of music and all seem to look the same too. it makes it become very stale.

its kind of like the hair metal thing where it was new at first but became boring, repetitve and stale because there were so many bands coming out and doing the same music and looking the same.

Guest Conga Fissure

I can't listen to it. Emos hit on a depressive texture that is too far sunken in drunken malaise for me to relate to it.

Guitar emphasizes feeling. But little guitar (as far as older r n r) is used. Plus, the singing touches on that same state of angst that is unrelatable to me.

But if you like it, you must love the current pop rock scene.

Some Emo is pretty decent, bands like My Chemical Romance (who are in session on the BBC Radio 1 lock up show at 9pm tuesday), Atreyu and Killswitch Engage are good. Atreyu and MCR even have guitar solos in their songs.

Some of you need to realise that old rock is dead, especailly blues based hard rock. Music evolves, imagine if we were stuck with that same shit from the 50's when people used to sing about cars and wooing girls. Don't be like one of these old farts who say shit like "back in my day it was much better".

Some of you need to realise that old rock is dead, especailly blues based hard rock. Music evolves, imagine if we were stuck with that same shit from the 50's when people used to sing about cars and wooing girls. Don't be like one of these old farts who say shit like "back in my day it was much better".

:rolleyes:

Everybody everywhere sing 'bout wooing

Some Emo is pretty decent, bands like My Chemical Romance (who are in session on the BBC Radio 1 lock up show at 9pm tuesday), Atreyu and Killswitch Engage are good. Atreyu and MCR even have guitar solos in their songs.

Think you lost the idea there...Killswitch Engage aren't emo...

Now people, I'm a big emo fan ya fuckers so don't gpo bashing at it alright?

Amazing guitar riffs?

Try downloading a Bullet For My Valentine song. Some of their riffs and solos are better than GN'R's.

Heres a little sample: (theres a cool solo at 2:20)

go to http://www.bulletformyvalentine.com and there is a sampler there!

And then theres Eighteen Visions, they're an emo band INSPIRED BY GUNS N' ROSES http://www.eighteenvisions.com

I used to think emo sucked until I saw Eighteen Visions and Bullet For My Valentine live and it amazed me! Go see one of them live, then realise the true power of emo :heart:

Emo bands:

Taking Back Sunday, Funeral For A Friend, From Autumn To Ashes, Bullet For My Valentine, Eighteen Visions, Thursday, Dead Poetic, Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance...etc

Not all new music sucks..

Audioslave, Muse, Velvet Revolver, Red Top Matches ( http://www.redtopmatches.com )

Oh and to the dude who said emo is ''pansy'', god they're singing about love and stuff, have you never had a girlfriend? Retard<_< pfft, you say is ''pansy'' but look at Don't Cry by GN'R, thats an emotional song. Broaden your horizons bitch:wub:

Think you lost the idea there...Killswitch Engage aren't emo...

Now people, I'm a big emo fan ya fuckers so don't gpo bashing at it alright?

Amazing guitar riffs?

Try downloading a Bullet For My Valentine song. Some of their riffs and solos are better than GN'R's.

Heres a little sample: (theres a cool solo at 2:20)

go to http://www.bulletformyvalentine.com and there is a sampler there!

And then theres Eighteen Visions, they're an emo band INSPIRED BY GUNS N' ROSES http://www.eighteenvisions.com

I used to think emo sucked until I saw Eighteen Visions and Bullet For My Valentine live and it amazed me! Go see one of them live, then realise the true power of emo :heart:

Emo bands:

Taking Back Sunday, Funeral For A Friend, From Autumn To Ashes, Bullet For My Valentine, Eighteen Visions, Thursday, Dead Poetic, Yellowcard, My Chemical Romance...etc

Not all new music sucks..

Audioslave, Muse, Velvet Revolver, Red Top Matches ( http://www.redtopmatches.com )

Oh and to the dude who said emo is ''pansy'', god they're singing about love and stuff, have you never had a girlfriend? Retard<_< pfft, you say is ''pansy'' but look at Don't Cry by GN'R, thats an emotional song. Broaden your horizons bitch:wub:

I know Killswitch Engage aren't really EMO but they do have traces of Emo/Screamo in their music.

I've been a fan of punk, hardcore, screamo/emocore, and EMO for years. I love the emotion in the music and the writing. My band THE EXPLODING BOY will be recording soon and I'll post a link here for everyone to check out and let me know if we're cool or not.

I'm pro emo and I don't care.