Great picture!

Gallagher Rose

Green Day are not rock, they are punk (or pop-punk). I think they will bring punk back into the mainstream, if more punk bands like Green Day come out. Some neds in my school love the song Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

a - Punk is a sub genre of rock.

b - They are not punk. Maybe like you said pop-punk. Or if you wanna be prescise then it's Punk Revival.

Green Day are not rock, they are punk (or pop-punk).  I think they will bring punk back into the mainstream, if more punk bands like Green Day come out.

What are u takling about.. there are hundreds of punk bands out there!

Not really. Greenday is the closest to punk as they come these days. There's stuff like Good Charlotte and some others mentioned that can't exactly be described as punk. They dress the part, and look it, but their music reeks of something else. I guess a classification for them would be 'Emo'.

Not really. Greenday is the closest to punk as they come these days. There's stuff like Good Charlotte and some others mentioned that can't exactly be described as punk. They dress the part, and look it, but their music reeks of something else. I guess a classification for them would be 'Emo'.

Not talking about them... Go here for some.

Punk Bands

Notable mention: Rise Against. Just started to get into them... pretty damn good.

Download Rise Agaisnt - Give it All.

Or get the Rock Against Bush album to listen to lots of those bands.

Edited by Stupid_Moron

Not talking about them... Go here for some.

Punk Bands

Notable mention: Rise Against. Just started to get into them... pretty damn good.

Download Rise Agaisnt - Give it All.

Or get the Rock Against Bush album to listen to lots of those bands.

I was talking about famous punk bands I guess.

I've heard only NOFX of the bands on that site. I have their album they did with RANCID. Even then, they aren't much more 'authentic punk' than Greenday.

Not that I'm a punk-purist anyways. As long as its sounds nice. :lol:

You havent heard of:

Anti Flag

Decendents

Frenzal Rhomb

Lagwagon

No Use For a Name

?

The reason why is probably because of Clear Channel.

There are punk bands out there... but they arnt considered "pop" enough, or if they don't follow record companies wishes, then they wont be on the radio or become massivly popular.

And all these bands are on "Fat Wreck Chords"

logo.gif

Which is an independant label, that NOFX set up. "Punk" bands on major labels ie "pimple plan" "good charlotte" etc etc are the ones u see on tv because they are the ones getting the contracts and doing whatever the record company tells them.

No, guys. Trance is getting bigger and bigger. Warghar!

For me, the bands that would save rock n' roll if they got big would be:

GN'R

The Rolling Stones (any future release, or a Mick Jagger smash superhit ultramickyemouse song)

Franz Ferdinand

I'm not a fan of U2 but they're doing a decent job, and Velvet Revolver already did all they can. But as someone once said, "The biggest person on the world right now is a rapper". That's sad, but true.

What happened? Well, rock n' roll began getting replaced by punk, then pop rock. Then pop. And then rap. What the hell are these people thinking? And it's not gonna end. Any fucker who can get people to write his songs or can play three chords in guitar is gonna write rap. Not rock n' roll. Only the brave dare play rock, and man they are broke the week after. There are a few punk bands, like Blink or Green Day, who are working hard. But I'm so sick of listening to Just Lose It, and I'm gonna seriously stop watching MTV if Mosh appears on it again. I don't listen to the radio anymore, just my collection of oldies.

Sorry if I bothered you!