Queen

Rick

Do you agree with the fact they're touring again?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally i don't see how they can still call the band Queen without Freddie at the helm. This new guy is a good singer, but its not going to be the same...at all.

Don't do it Brian and Roger!

By the way, does anyone know what's happening with John Deacon, he's not involved is he?

R.

Why not, it won't be the same without Freddy, but they are still an important part of Queen. I think most fans would love to see them on the road again. Freddy will never come back, but that doesn't mean they can't tour as Queen anymore

I dont like it at all. I think paul Rodgers ruins the songs. I heard his rendition of WWRY and WATC and he sang baby baby yeh. He added them in as his improvisations! How UN-cool and just embarassiong really. They are rock songs not some hippy bee bop shit! He has a terrible voice, husky and weak, nowhere near matching Freddie's standard's frankly I think Slash could do a better job and I aint even heard him sing!

By the way, does anyone know what's happening with John Deacon, he's not involved is he?

R.

Deaky aint been involved in anything since the tribute concert. I think he's retired, everyone wonders what has happened to him. I think he's gone to some distant desert island or stays secluded in his mansion in the North West counting his sheckles.

R.

Deaky aint been involved in anything since the tribute concert. I think he's retired, everyone wonders what has happened to him. I think he's gone to some distant desert island or stays secluded in his mansion in the North West counting his sheckles.

Thanks for that, I've always wondered about the quiet bassist, Mr Deacon.

He hasn't been involved with anything as you say. Did anyone catch the BBC documentary about the making of Bohemian Rhapsody?

R.

I think it's great that Brian, John, and Roger are going to tour together again, but I would prefer for them to be billed as "Former Members of Queen" or something similar to that.

I didn't understand the big deal at first, but I watched 'Queen: Live At Wembley' a few weeks ago, and was actually outraged that the current band will be using the name "Queen". Freddie was such a great performer on stage, and nobody can replace him.

hypocrticality at its best..we are all fans of a band named GUNS N ROSES that has nothing to do with the original band..only one person remains.... <_<:D:lol: B) :rolleyes: and yet here we are discussing whether queen should be called queen..when only one person left....

come on now yalll

Edited by GnR lives on

I think it's great that Brian, John, and Roger are going to tour together again, but I would prefer for them to be billed as "Former Members of Queen" or something similar to that.

I didn't understand the big deal at first, but I watched 'Queen: Live At Wembley' a few weeks ago, and was actually outraged that the current band will be using the name "Queen". Freddie was such a great performer on stage, and nobody can replace him.

Exactly what i was thinking :P

i think freddie would have wanted them to

Also exactly what i was thinking,surly freddies would have wanted his fans to be able to see the band again?

hypocrticality at its best..we are all fans of a band named GUNS N ROSES that has nothing to do with the original band..only one person remains.... <_<:D:lol: B) :rolleyes: and yet here we are discussing whether queen should be called queen..when only one person left....

come on now yalll

I don't agree. I think it is far easier to replace the musicians than it is to replace the vocalist. The vocalist provides more sway to the overall sound of the band.

Agree or Dissagree.

Just my thoughts.

R.

R.

Thanks for that, I've always wondered about the quiet bassist, Mr Deacon.

He hasn't been involved with anything as you say. Did anyone catch the BBC documentary about the making of Bohemian Rhapsody?

R.

Yep I taped it. It was on BBC 3 like five times! LOL. No john in that either, surprise surprise! :P:lol:

and in response to what xEstrangedx said. I agree you cant replace a vocalist, but in my opinion if the guitarist has a unique power you cant replace him either. So you can replace a drummer and a bassist easily but a guitarist and a vocalist are virtually impossible.

Edited by Izzy's Girl