This needs to be said!

bill_bailey_24

>:(If you haven't seen the December 26th edition of Rolling Stone, don't bother. It is complete CRAP! First of all on page 53 it says "Be thankful - at least that Guns N' Roses album never came out." That's enough to piss me off. But there is more - Of course their is the obligatory Strokes and White Stripes garbage on page 84. I'm sorry but both of these bands suck! When I got to this point of the magazine I realized that Rolling Stone really had sold out to the "what is in today" crowd. Well I say F U C K that crowd, because us REAL rock fans are sick of all the B U L L S H I T! Then on page 95 there was the Kurt Cobain was a genius crap. Kurt Cobain not only killed himself (maybe) but he killed rock n' roll too! If he had not died, chances are Nirvana would be long forgotten like the majority of the other Seattle bands. Then you get to page 108 where Rolling Stone calls GNR's return to MTV the biggest disappointment of the year. They bashed the new band, who I admit weren't very good that night, but I'm sure they didn't bother to check out any of the GREAT GNR shows when they were still touring. The band was absolutely amazing! My biggest disappointment of the year was the fact that the music industry still sucks and is still pumping out new songs by crap poser bands like Creed and Matchbox 20. Then I got to page 112 and this is when I realized I was never buying another copy of Rolling Stone ever again. This is the page where they had the audacity to name a Justin Timberlake album one of the year's finest. F U C K Rolling Stone! Boycott it at all costs until they realize that this teeny-bopping crap that they promote so vigourously is ruining music! Is it going to take seeing Jimmy Page and Axl Rose shining shoes on a street corner before this crap stops? Let your voice be heard! Let's take back what is rightfully ours! Let's show these chumps that good music will never die! Let's send Justin Timberlake to the street corner with Debbie Gibson, and let's put GNR and everything else that rocks back on top and back in stadiums ... where they belong. Peace ... bill_bailey_24

I agree with everything you said but the thing about the "fogotten" Seattle bands, those bands are far from forgotten.  Alice in Chains continues to influence tons and tons of these nu metal bands (but none of them come close to being anywhere near as great as they were), Nirvana's greatest hits and the new song they released hit huge on the radio, showing there are still a FEW people who care about good music, Soundgarden's Chris Cornell is now fronting Audioslave which is becoming a real force in rock music, and Pearl Jam released an album in November and are as good as ever.  Their influence and fans are still all over the place, just like Guns N' Roses, so by no stretch of the imagination are these bands forgotten.  In fact, Seattle bands are probably more vividly remembered than bands of the late 80s like GnR.

who gives a shit about rolling stone magazine

they think the strokes are the best rock n roll band ever

man i thought that band was cool but when i saw them in the live 105 concert they sucked i was so dissaponted about this band dude their singer suck ,their guitar players suck,the whole band suck,it was the most boring concert i've ever gone,it was all nu-metal bands and punk bands

i didn't want to go but my sister want it to go so i went with her(cos i'm a good brother)and i was so bored ,those bands can only tour with 15 bands else

guns n roses just need a band to open and that's it

not like these stupid bands

I never pay much attention to media reviews, they have their own opinions, usually just biased bulls h i t reporting. I like what I like despite what they report.

But you know that there are people out there that say, "Well Rolling Stone says GNR sucks now, so I won't bother getting their new album when it comes out." Just like there are people who bought a White Stripes album just because Rolling Stone says they are geniuses, which they are not!

Who gives a f*ck?

The press have been trashing Axl ever since Get In The Ring.

They`re pissed couse their dads get more p u s s y than them ;D They`re rippin us off while we`re paying hard earned money to read about the bands we wanna know about.

Dont worry, he`ll probably say something back at the next concert.

Peace :D

A lot of people want to 'slam' him right now because they got all pumped up when they heard about the world tour, then he cancels a tour for the 3rd time -in what is it? 3 times in 3 years? That's not so good. He's kinda on my sh*t list right now too. But hey that don't mean I'm not a fan. I have been waiting for so long for a concert and there was even gonna be one in Houston, but then this. I don't blame these people for saying this. They are probably like me waited 10 years for something, ANYTHING from this guy, promises an album for years, never really gets a tour going... what else are they supposed to say? I love the music, Axl is talented, and maybe one day he'll get it together, but if I heard he was gonna come to my city for a gig, I wouldn't buy a ticket because you have no way of knowing if he's actually coming or not. When the radio stations started giving away tickets, they promoted it like crazy and had all kinds of positive things to say about him, like " Well he's finally done it! Way to go Axl!" Stuff like that, then cancellation. No one's 'out to get him' or anything, but the music world is getting impatient with Axl Rose.

I was glad they started the tour on the west coast. GNR was sooooo GREAT live that I will go anywhere they are, and take my chances, for the next concert! I'm sure that there are more than enough true GNR fans in the world without the BOO HOORS.  

I won't buy Sh*tty Stone Mag either.

Hey, right on, man.  Let me tell you, I haven't bought a single Rolling Stone magazine for god knows how long.  I think ever since the "grunge" period, I haven't purchased this piece of crap magazine.  It's so waste of my money and time.  And what's so bothering is all this crap-metal out there now that they glorify.  I mean, Avril Lavrine, whatever her name is, is considered cool and "rocking"?  What the fuck?  I feel sorry for the kids out there now, who haven't really experienced the real shit, the gnr era.  Back then, Avril whats her name would have had to kiss her own ass goodbye!  Man, the time when gnr/metalica did their tour, the world was really saved by rock n roll.  It's a fucking shame now that all this B U L L S H I T is out there and kids have no choice but to buy them, cuz they don't know anything else better!  And it's more of a shame that I haven't been able to purchase any stuff out there that remotely resembles gnr!  All I can say is - looking forward to the release of Chinese Democracy.  And more importantly, looking forward to see this album kick ass, so magazines like Rolling Stone and this whole fucked up music industry can go fuck themselves!

I agree with you about Rolling Stone Mag it has totally sold out to the assembly line music scene, it sucks! I think I am going to e-mail them and remind them how much they suck. Anyone know their e-mail address? Maybe they have a web site. I don't agree that GNR's appearance on the video awards weren't any good. I think they were a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of their sucky show.  They might have not been in their top form but, GNR's appearance was still better than the other Crap.