Which Izzy?

Aeonian

I bought Izzy's first solo album back in the day, and know he has a few more.  Would someone recommend his best solo album.  I thought the 1st one was pretty decent.  How does it compare to his other stuff?  Is Gilby's any good?  Thanks.

Izzy have released 5 albums

Ju Ju Hounds

117 Degrees

Ride On

River

On Down The Road (released only in Japan yet)

I prefer 117 Degrees. But River is also very good and Ride on is "nice". :) I don't like very much Ju Ju Hounds but it contains couple good songs. I haven't heard ODTR album and I haven't heard Gilby's music at all.

But if you like soft rock and Izzy's Ju Ju Hounds I recommend you to buy one of his albums.

red

As for Gilby, I've only got Pawnshop guitars. Good album simply because of the guest appearances. The entire Guns crew is on it, plus numerous other guests. Don't have any of his other albums though.

Izzy is great. Ju Ju is a great album and I really enjoy 117 degrees as well. Don't have anything else yet. I can't get it here... :(

I've got the first four Izzy albums, and all of them have got some really strong songs on them. Personally, I prefer 117 degrees. I haven't got his latest because I refuse to pay 50 quid to import it from Japan.

I've got the first Gilby album and heard the others. Stick with the first one, the rest are very weak and I personally wouldn't waste my money on them. The first Gilby album may actually be the strongest first album by a former member of GN'R.  8)

It sounds like I should get either Gilby's first (Pawnshop Guitars?) or 117 degrees.  The one I had was the Ju Ju Hounds album, and I thought it was pretty decent, but not great.  How does 117 Degrees compare.  JU Ju hounds sort of reminded me of the 1st Wallflowers album (self titled).

Because of the guest stars and influences, Gilby's album has a few harder numbers. It's more of a hard rock album with a few softer tunes thrown in.

Izzy's album, though featuring Duff  on bass, is more like the Rolling Stones. Izzy has more stay power though. I listen to it far more than Gilby's effort.