things that could of saved the tour......

cuneo77

these are simple things that could of saved the tour.

1- an album

2- a single

3- an attitude adjustment,its not 92 anymore, axl

4- show up  on time to your gigs

5- since lots of ppl are not hardcore fans,and lots wont except the new gnr, have cheaper ticket prices ,in houston they were  46-66 bucks,shit two tickets for the show cost 110 with service charges,they couls have fixed that when they saw half empty arenas

6 -not let so many years go by in the first place,

7- if your sick cancel and reschedule and a reasonable time

if he wants a publicity master plan ,why doesnt he get himself publicity by headlines sayin " axl will consider reunion", "its not 92, axl on time this tour " or "killer NEW stuff"  ,lots pf pl will by the album,but how lots wont buy tickets just cuz all thats happened,its a master plan to go down the toilet

it is no masterplan,painfull as it is we have got to accept that nobody is talking about gnr anymore,go and ask your friends who were big fans 10 yeas ago about gnr and they are not interested.its only us hardcore fans that are still hanging around everyone else has moved on to other bands

It's true...

But i bet they wernt even thinking about GNR b4... Now that they heard about those riots n shit (if they did i donno) at least GNR is in the back of their minds)

Of course no one cares anymore apart from h/c fans... But just wait for the album! We are grasping onto hopes.. at least when GNR is back they will all be grasping onto an album!  :P

Most of the people I know who were teens in the early 90's laugh when they hear of Philly and the cancelationof the tour. Axls still around? Most couldn't tell you why the band broke up or who is even in  the band now. Perception wise its just like Poison playing a local club last summer... no one cared except the old hardcore fans. Axl doesn't want to be seen as a nostalgic act but 10 years is 10 years. People have moved on -had kids, have mortgages, responsibilitys ect..."they ain't got time to reminise on novelties.."  To get promoted as a National act you almost have to sell your soul to the devil...We found out this last go round that GNR couldn't ride in on the coattails of their 90's successs.. your only as good as your last game.....So Axl has to figure out a whole new game The tour reported losses of 200,000 per show. How do you turn that around.?.. by hardcore promotion. Interviews, celeb circuts, televison appearances, CD Releases, marketing blitzes. Fan appreciation, autograph sessions...impromptu jam sessions...  Personal/public Realtions PR. Nowdays the only people that appreciate decadence and destruction are the F*CKEN terrorists.  so this insane idea that a riot or two will garner publicity is akin to saying yeagh shooting yourself in the mouth with a shotgun in a bathtub is a good way to deal with your pain and disillusionment. Cides its a cheesy p*ssy way to get attention. Why not let your music to the talking?

Most of the people I know who were teens in the early 90's laugh when they hear of Philly and the cancelationof the tour. Axls still around? Most couldn't tell you why the band broke up or who is even in  the band now. Perception wise its just like Poison playing a local club last summer... no one cared except the old hardcore fans....

I don't think hardcore fans alone could sell out MSG in 15 minutes.

.. The tour reported losses of 200,000 per show. How do you turn that around.?..

Oh boy. Here we go again .. Rockerman and his interesting -- but usually -- unsupported stats.  What was your source for these losses?  I haven't heard those figures before. Just a guess on your part?  

.. by hardcore promotion. Interviews, celeb circuts, televison appearances, CD Releases, marketing blitzes. Fan appreciation, autograph sessions...impromptu jam sessions...  Personal/public Realtions PR...

I agree. Axl needs to start doing interviews and marketing himself and the new band. But I don't think he can really do that until the album is released. Otherwise, the interviews would wind up focusing on the past, the old band members, and the breakup -- which I think he'd like to avoid if he's trying to look ahead.

Axl worried about focusing on the past?  Yeah sure he talks a big talk but of all the Gunners he's the one playing 95% old material at his shows -- good as it is and good as they can play it.  To many outside this circle Axl is just a solo act with some very good technical musicians.  That's not necessarily bad -- look at people like Ozzy and David Lee Roth -- it's just not what's going to catapult him back into the limelight.

in europe we suffered the cancelation two years ago ... now it´s your turn ... i´m agree with people, in usa at least they put out the record and have sucessful... guns is not an arena show right now in the usa... yes in europe and the rest of the world ... they sell more tickets outside usa. but i´m sure when they put out the record it will be sucessful and then they will sell out most of venues ...