New Music??

SteelestSnake

I dunno about anyone else but I think todays music...for the most part sucks ass. It's boring, talentless, and repetitive. You got all these crap bands like Taking Back Sunday and Saves the Day and My Chemical Romance all putting out the same shit. Rock n roll is dead for the most part. Im 21 years old and i feel this way. I hate trendy fuckers who hop on whatever bandwagon is cool at the moment. I know things have alwayss been like that but it just really sucks today all the lack of musical talent we have in the business of popular music. At least a lot of the hair bands had excellent guitarists and singers even tho they were trendy at the time...it was still in the spirit of rock n roll. I dont mean to bitch but...wait...yes i do! I dont give a fuck...todays music is straight garbage. DEATH TO ALL POSER POP PUNK hooray for tolerance!S!! :lol: :devil: :scared:

We need Axl now before it gets worse!

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL

Edited by SteelestSnake

Hmm actually people who make the comment music is crap now compared to yesteryear. Bollocks in my opinion. You are comparing the last 20 odd years to the past 2, thus of course the last 20 are going to be better.

Anyways i think rock is comming back we've got some great bands comming out in the uk; Towers of london, Glitterati, Hurricane Party. Also im quite into the Indie/alt stuff like the libertines, razorlight and the killers i do think they make some good tunes.

As for the mainstream i think its particually weak at the moment, no one seems to know where to go. Almost all hip hop is manufactured "Gangsta" crap. Pop Punk i cant really get (although blinks last record was quite good, although it wernt really pop punk) Greenday are real big atm and i dont see the atraction. As for emo, its a pile of shit (with the exception of the occasional track) i just dont get the whole waaa waa my life is hard thing.

So its a bit of mixed bag, but here in the uk theres a good scene starting to come out and its taking over the charts, including the Sterophonics scoring number 1 in the charts last week!

My 2 pence ( :P )

I dunno about anyone else but I think todays music...for the most part sucks ass. It's boring, talentless, and repetitive. You got all these crap bands like Taking Back Sunday and Saves the Day and My Chemical Romance all putting out the same shit. Rock n roll is dead for the most part. Im 21 years old and i feel this way. I hate trendy fuckers who hop on whatever bandwagon is cool at the moment. I know things have alwayss been like that but it just really sucks today all the lack of musical talent we have in the business of popular music. At least a lot of the hair bands had excellent guitarists and singers even tho they were trendy at the time...it was still in the spirit of rock n roll. I dont mean to bitch but...wait...yes i do! I dont give a fuck...todays music is straight garbage. DEATH TO ALL POSER POP PUNK hooray for tolerance!S!! :lol: :devil: :scared:

We need Axl now before it gets worse!

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL

Well, you have 5 posts, so I understand why you made another of this threads. This has been discussed a million times and about 90% of us share the same opinion as you. I'm in that 90%!

I used to think today's music was great, but in the last year I have started listening to bands that come from the 80's and I have to say music today sucks in comparison.

BTW this should be in the "My World" thread, or possibly Anything Goes.

I mean as far as mainstream goes. look at the year 1988...in the mainstream...you had 3 powerhouse bands...GnR of course, Def Leppard, and Whitesnake. Now what do we have that equal the music and talent of those bands? We get growlers and half ass singers doing shitty riffless crap, and fucking people are eating it up calling it punk. Todays music world fuckin blows and everyone knows it. If there will never be another band as majestic and great as GnR and Zeppelin etc. then fuck it...ill stick to the old shit, theirs still plenty i haven't heard so it should keep me busy.

PS...fuck My Chemical Romance. Its not rock n roll...its trash

I see all thee posers fuckers wearing these shirt that say 'Rock n Roll' and none of these fuckers even know what real rock n roll is. It saddens me that this great music is now considered 'outdated'

AXL..come out from under your fuckin rock and save this music man...we all know you can.

People really need to quit bitching about "today's music" and get off your lazy asses and go discover the good music that's out there. Stop judging music based on what's spoon fed to you by MTV and radio stations....YOU LAZY FUCKS!!!!

Well, actually, what they mean is "popular music from today".

I like My Chemical Romance. Saw them last night.

:o No way dude, how good was it!!?

It was good........they were only on stage for 30 minutes though.

Oh I see. Did they mix up the 2 albums well or was it more of the 2nd? Did anyone else play?