HEY AXL, read this

shades

If you happen to read this,

Thanks for the Boston show,

Can only speak for that night, but I just thought it

was the most intense show Ive ever witnessed,

I miss that kind of rock show and do hope you find a way to get over whatever it is thats bothering you and come on back and Rock on with your bad self dude.

Peace

If you happen to read this,

Thanks for the Boston show,

Can only speak for that night, but I just thought it

was the most intense show Ive ever witnessed,

I miss that kind of rock show and do hope you find a way to get over whatever it is thats bothering you and come on back and Rock on with your bad self dude.

Peace

Nice post We need more possitive. Axl, I thank you for the Tacoma show!

Hey Axl,, Thank u For not showing in Florida.. The 300 dollars or so that i spent to be on firsts rows wont be refunded cause i bought them to a broker.... Thank u!!!

Hope u feel better after this time you decided to take off to rest... Seems 10 years were not enough....

Keep it up.. I'll keep waiting..........

Hey Axl,, Thank u For not showing in Florida.. The 300 dollars or so that i spent to be on firsts rows wont be refunded cause i bought them to a broker.... Thank u!!!

Hope u feel better after this time you decided to take off to rest... Seems 10 years were not enough....

Keep it up.. I'll keep waiting..........

howcome you cant get them refunded?? doNT YOU JUST NEED TO SHOW THE ticket and they return your money?

Hard Hits: "What Makes Axl Rose Tick?"

Derek Felix

Dec 10, 2002

Last Thursday night, I had the pleasure of being in attendance for a Guns 'N Roses Concert at Madison Square Garden. It was an electric atmosphere and a great time had by all.

Here's a recap of the night's festivities:

All I can say is wow!!!!! It was awesome to be at Madison Square Garden for that.

The place was electric and Guns 'N Roses sounded great!!!!! They played a lot of the classic songs from Appetite From Destruction and Use Your Illusion.

They also played three songs off the new album including Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues. I really liked all three and had heard them previously off a concert tape from Rock In Rio when they toured Mexico.

If the rest of the Chinese Democracy album are anything like these tunes, it should be a great listen.

They came out to Welcome To The Jungle around 10 PM. Justin and myself were there 7:30 and everyone knew it would start late.

Some new band CKY opened for them and played about 7 songs. Most of them were very loud and punkish. I thought a couple of them were okay. It was funny when they said they would do a Christmas song and then played some Christmas tune and switched to their loud style.

Then, around 9, out came Mixmaster Mike. He got the crowd revved up with some cool mixing of oldschool stuff. Best part was when he mixed "Fight For Your Right To Party." We started singing it!

He finished around 9:30 and everyone was waiting. The place really filled up around 10 and then finally, the place went dark and the crowd all got up and cheered.

When they came out to Welcome To The Jungle, the place was bedlum!!!!!

I really enjoyed the selections. Most of us were singing along the tunes. Axl looked great. He was working the crowd and running back and forth.

He came out in a Messier jersey. Then switched to a Statue Of Liberty one. He switched to a Derek Jeter Yankee jersey. At one point, he came out in a Jets Curtis Martin.

Other outfits were a Knicks Sprewell and a Giants Strahan. To put it in nutshell, every jersey he chose, he made sure it was the right player.

Axl thanked the fans for selling out the ******* place (20,000) and of course for sticking behind him.

There were a couple of funny moments before songs. One time, he brought out a whole box of Krispy Kremes and started talking about how Comedy Central said he looked overweight not too long ago. So, he started handing out donuts to the fans who sat stage.

Then there was Buckethead the lead guitarist (For those who don't know, he wears a KFC bucket over his head and a mask on his face. I've heard this how he really is.) Axl even introduced him as that by saying he came from parts unknown. He walked out and played a nice solo including a jam of The Empire Strikes Back from Star Wars. When he finished his jam, he started handing out assorted items from a box to fans. I couldn't tell what it was but one even looked like a bobblehead doll. What a funny bizarre guy. But he is pretty good on the guitar.

I think when they played November Rain, that's when I really got energized. Not that I wasn't screaming all the words to the other songs before but it happens to be my favorite song and the way they played it kicked ass!!!!!

It was funny too because when Axl was tuning up the piano before going into it, he started mock singing a fake song and then said, "Oops... wrong selection," which drew laughter.

I really loved Patience. God... that was the first GNR video I ever saw on MTV when MTV was MTV!!!!! Adam Curry was the veejay and it used to win #1 on their top 20 countdown. Awesome stuff!

Axl dedicated "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" to 9/11. That rendition was great!

I think about the third song in was their remake of The Beatles "Live Or Let Die." I love the way they play it and how he sings it. Thursday night was no different! This was played really well.

If you haven't figured out by now, everything was just sensational. They played for almost two hours and the crowd got louder and louder and more into it as the show went on.

They finished with a great rendition of "Paradise City" that brought the house down. When it finally ended, all you heard was a huge roar and Axl said, "Thank you and he'll see us next summer."

If he does comeback here, I am there!!!!!

I have always been a big Guns 'N Roses fan. They were my favorite growing up in junior high and I always followed them.

I honestly never thought I'd get to see them play live after Axl's breakup with the old members and his time in jail.

And when he finally puts a new band together, it didn't miss a beat. The songs sounded like they were with the original band. Axl Rose reinvented the wheel and his band sounded terrific.

He sure can still work a crowd.

I can't imagine what it was like to see them in the 80's. But if last week was any indication, oh baby!!!!!

Axl is just a great on-stage performer. Anyone who was there saw it. We sat in 226 which was perfect. It was a great view and not too far from the stage. For $54 a pop, it was worth every penny in gold!!!!!

Most of that was written a few days ago. If you haven't heard by now, that show was the last one they played. Shows in Philadelphia, Wilkes Barre and Washington D.C. were canceled. It was said that a bandmember (Axl Rose) had become ill and failed to show in Philadelphia. Who knows what the real story is? With Axl, you never can tell.

The timing of this couldn't have been worse. It's just very odd because what I witnessed last week was something I thought I'd never see. Greatness. I didn't know what to expect. Everyone is aware of Axl's history with lateness and no-shows.

It's very difficult to put together almost an entire new band and survive after the kind of success the original players had. In my mind, they were the best. Not many albums can top Appetite For Destruction. There's not a bad song on it and it was always my favorite listen.

One of the things that made that band so great were the videos to the songs. If you turn on MTV or VH1 and watch videos to songs today, most of them stink and don't fit the song. Off the top of my head, I can name only a couple of other bands in which the videos fit the song. Puddle Of Mudd is one and Green Day is the other.

Guns 'N Roses always had a legendary feel to it. Like you were taking in something very special. The videos to "Patience", "Welcome To The Jungle", "Paradise City" and "November Rain" ruled. You knew what you were getting. Not many groups have that aura anymore.

There will never be another Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler and Sorum.

What amazed me was how well the new members meshed with Rose last week. It was definitive proof that if you can find the right talent, it can still rock.

Buckethead AKA Brian Carroll can play. So can the only other member left from the 90's Dizzy Reed, who got a nice reception last week. Former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck is excellent. Tommy Stinson, Paul Huge, Brian "Brain" Mantia and Chris Pittman comprise the rest of the band.

What would be ashame is if what I saw that night was the end for good. Some reports had the rest of the North American Tour being canceled. Others have said only a few dates (7 in total) had actually been canceled. It's odd as to why this would happen.

Update:  Now the whole thing was  :'(

If you're Axl Rose, when do you realize that this is a second opportunity to win back some fans and garner the respect you once had? He's better than 99% of what's out there. He can sing a song so many different ways. You cannot teach that. If the guy's sick, then I can understand. I just hope this new album wasn't all for nothing. That being said, release it in January so we can find out already!