I leave you for 1 week and....

Stupid_Moron

Sacremento ,  Phoneix , were cancelled Philly had some problems a couple more shows were cancelled , supposedly because of low revenue and sales , They did play at MSG to a sold out crowd and put on a killer show I heard .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

washington MCI center was cancelled as well , Alot of arenas are cancelleing GnR Shows because they are an insurance risk because of the riots The arenas wind up having to pay a lot more for safety measures if they have GnR because of probable damage , so instead of doing this they just cancel the show , If ya ask me I think it's Bullnuts  >:(

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Ya sure I read on a couple of places on line and heard around that some shows were cancelled cause of economic reasons , I admit I'm not sure how reliable these sources are and some are even from this board  ::) , But I'm just tellin SM what I've seen and heard If you know Different than Share  ;D

Peace GnR Nation  8)

AND THANK YOU AXL FOR YOUR USUAL CORDIAL SELF... Your communications with fan and others has been typical.

Mr. Sparkle can dismiss Vancouver an Philly as being the cause but ultimately Axl dear "ol Uncle Axl" was again NOT WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE when he Was SUPPOSED to be there. His regard to the fans in those citys is contemptable at best. Would it have killed to have a spokesman in on the big secret? Frankly... this is like the 8th nail in the 10 nail coffen of GNR for me.....What made GNR so cool is now a running joke...

iIagree the tearing sh*t up thing gets out of hand .. but a few bad apples doesn't represent the whole city itself nor the larger portion of the fan base there. At best there prbaly was less than 100 people getting out of hand in Vancouver I dunno about Philly but it seems unlikely that 20,000 fans rioted over GNR. But still above and beyond anything is that somebody somewhere was being disrespected... somebodys good will was being trampled on..somebodys anticipation and participation was being disregarded and taken advantage of and ultimately somebody somewhere didn't have enough forsight to anticipate crowd reaction especially after they had been cooped up for 4 hours waiting for thier fabled heros to show up..... Who is the one person who could have avoided this? Who is the one person that owes it to his fans? Who is the one person that has time and time again demonstrated that frakly he just doesn't give a damn about anyone or anyting outside his little world? Watch him retreat into his world and try to deal with this.....

I have to read about cancellations and shit!

What's the go ppl?

Anyone want to take some time out of their day to fill me in on the past week of GnR News!

Yes im going to try and read all the threads anyway.. but... THERE ARE A SHIT LOAD!!!!!!  :o

Welcome back SM.  :)

And yes, you missed a LOT!

Let's see ... The band got off to a rocky start in Vancouver when the stadum manager cancelled the show ("prematurely" Axl said), but the rest of the tour has been going pretty smoothly. Of course, there have been a few incidents here and there ....  A ring fell off Axl's hand while he was performing at one show and he sent his bodyguard Earl in to fight it out with a fan and grab it back. That got a few headlines.

Then in Detroit, something went wrong that caused Axl to cut the show short by about 15 or 20 minutes. There was no encore. But he seemed to back in top form for the next show and blew away the crowd the following week in Toronto.

And then last Thursday, GNR brought the circus to NYC. The show was awesome and the crowd was totally into it. Axl was actually ON TIME (a rare event in the GNR world), and he seemed to be in a great mood, handing out doughnuts and thanking everyone for their support ("I really needed this", he said). Absolutely spectacular show!  

The following night, GNR was to play the first of two shows in Philly, and that's when all h*ll broke loose. CKY and the Mix Master went on, which makes it appear that the stadium mangers did expect GNR to appear. But drunken fans, impatient about waiting, decided to trash the stadium and loot GNR's CDs and equipment even before the gig was officially cancelled. Some of these very people are on this site, bragging about it. Pathetic. Anyhow, their actions have ruined it for other GNR fans because the rest of the tour has been pulled. Stadium managers are scared and don't want to be held liable for damage, injuries and lawsuits from riots. And insurers are equally squeamish about providing coverage for a GNR gig.

So far GNR has not spoken out publicly about the incident  other than an initial statement that mentioned something about the cancellation being related to "an illness."  

So, I think that brings you up to speed on what you missed.

Oh .. there were new rumors this week about the album release. Some are saying late February/early March, and one rumor put the release date as late as June.

From E! teleivison

by Marcus Errico

December 08, 2002, 12:30 PM PT

REPLAY: Hundreds of the 14,000 fans on hand for a sold-out Guns N' Roses show reportedly tore through Philadelphia's First Union Center after the band canceled. An unnamed band member was said to be ill. A similar riot occurred a month ago in Vancouver when Axl Rose was AWOL.

Welcome back SM.  :)

And yes, you missed a LOT!

Let's see ... The band got off to a rocky start in Vancouver when the stadum manager cancelled the show ("prematurely" Axl said), but the rest of the tour has been going pretty smoothly. Of course, there have been a few incidents here and there ....  A ring fell off Axl's hand while he was performing at one show and he sent his bodyguard Earl in to fight it out with a fan and grab it back. That got a few headlines.

Then in Detroit, something went wrong that caused Axl to cut the show short by about 15 or 20 minutes. There was no encore. But he seemed to back in top form for the next show and blew away the crowd the following week in Toronto.

And then last Thursday, GNR brought the circus to NYC. The show was awesome and the crowd was totally into it. Axl was actually ON TIME (a rare event in the GNR world), and he seemed to be in a great mood, handing out doughnuts and thanking everyone for their support ("I really needed this", he said). Absolutely spectacular show!  

The following night, GNR was to play the first of two shows in Philly, and that's when all h*ll broke loose. CKY and the Mix Master went on, which makes it appear that the stadium mangers did expect GNR to appear. But drunken fans, impatient about waiting, decided to trash the stadium and loot GNR's CDs and equipment even before the gig was officially cancelled. Some of these very people are on this site, bragging about it. Pathetic. Anyhow, their actions have ruined it for other GNR fans because the rest of the tour has been pulled. Stadium managers are scared and don't want to be held liable for damage, injuries and lawsuits from riots. And insurers are equally squeamish about providing coverage for a GNR gig.

So far GNR has not spoken out publicly about the incident  other than an initial statement that mentioned something about the cancellation being related to "an illness."  

So, I think that brings you up to speed on what you missed.

Oh .. there were new rumors this week about the album release. Some are saying late February/early March, and one rumor put the release date as late as June.

Ahhhh Thankyou.... I think i knew most of it.... cept for the philly thing.... Grrrr to that! Oh and NY sounded good..... (No suprise though?)

I heard rumours on other boards etc that something big was gonna happen?

After reading what some of you people are saying happened at the Philly show, I had to reply. I was there, sitting in a Club Box 15. You guys are WAY off on what actually happened at the show. Here's how it went down:

8:00-CKY performs an almost 45 minute set (which was amazing incase you are wondering

A little before 9:00-Mix Master Mike of the Beastie Boys comes out to an overdrawn set that lasted till 9:45 (that's a long time to listen to a DJ)

10:00-Set up of GN'R equipment is just about done....now comes the waiting

10:00 till 10:45 we wait for the band. By 10:45 people start getting aggitated, booing for having to wait so long. Right around then is when you see the crew start packing away all the equipment. This is when many people start to get up and sodas and beers started being thrown at the stage, nothing really major.

About 5-10 minutes later an announcement is made that stating that the band will not be performing due to health issues. It started to get a little rowdy now, with people on the floor throwing chairs and some douche bag in my club box ripping at the ceiling tile, throwing it at the stage. No real riot broke out, nothing like in Vancouver. No 20,000 people rioted. People were pissed, just like any of you would be after paying $65 for a ticket and then waiting all that time to not see the band play. I was happy getting to see CKY play, but what about the people that payed just for GN'R. I am not agreeing with anyone causing damage, but please get your facts straight before you accuse an entire arena of rioting to cause the band not to perform. Thanks.

.. . People were pissed, just like any of you would be after paying $65 for a ticket and then waiting all that time to not see the band play. I was happy getting to see CKY play, but what about the people that payed just for GN'R...

Tom, won't you get a refund since GNR didn't play?

Surely they don't think performances from CKY and MMM justify the ticket price. You paid to see GNR, not those opening acts.    :-/

.. Oh and NY sounded good..... (No suprise though?)

I heard rumours on other boards etc that something big was gonna happen?

No, there were no surprises at MSG. No new songs and no new interviews. But it was an awesome show.

People like Rockerman... expect to treated with respect period. In fact when I pay $ for anything I don't expect to be treated with anything less than respect. If that is your definition of respect being stood up for 3 hours   then you seriously have some masochistic tendencies  You telling me that Axl is powerless to send somebody to let people know what the gig is going to be? No I don't expect Axl to sing...Jus tto be on his game. To be truely respectful of the SOBs that are paying to see him. To much to ask? Come on Mr. Sparkle please refrain from displaying your gullibility in the future it is as relevant and pertinent as your WHAMMMBULANCE remark.

People like Rockerman... expect to treated with respect period. In fact when I pay $ for anything I don't expect to be treated with anything less than respect. If that is your definition of respect being stood up for 3 hours   then you seriously have some masochistic tendencies  You telling me that Axl is powerless to send somebody to let people know what the gig is going to be? No I don't expect Axl to sing...Jus tto be on his game. To be truely respectful of the SOBs that are paying to see him. To much to ask? Come on Mr. Sparkle please refrain from displaying your gullibility in the future it is as relevant and pertinent as your WHAMMMBULANCE remark.

*sigh* you are so ignorant... they did send someone to let the crowd know it wasn't going to happen.. they announced it, and then the animals starting tearing things appart... I suppose a 48 hour notice before you get sick or someone dies would be good enough for you.  I will be sure to let you know 48 hours prior to any deaths if they are going to happen.

I suppose a 48 hour notice before you get sick or someone dies would be good enough for you.  I will be sure to let you know 48 hours prior to any deaths if they are going to happen.

Well  , It IS a little different than that Mr. Sparkle i mean they did pay a lot of money for the show and Then got that mob mentality , but Your point is well taken ... By me anyway  ;)

Peace GnR Nation  8)