Ok, here's my take on this...

Gcam

This is the way i think things happened, obviously I have no way of knowing, but this seems most likely.

In Philly the band were ready to play, until late on (and I mean LATE) something happened to Axl, becoming Ill. The tour doctor said he shouldn't play so the show was cancelled, along with the next 2 shows (philly again and Washington.) The doctor tells Axl that he has to take some time out to rest (which is impossible while on tour) he probably has fatigue or some shit cause he hasn't toured in 10 years and this is a pretty intensive tour. So Axl then decides to cancel the 2 shows before Christmas (Albuquerque, NM and Phoenix AZ) and the 2 shows before New Year (Sacramento, CA and San Jose) to rest during the festive period. The tour will finish up in CA at the Forum on the 4th of January, they will then play the American Music Awards in January, we'll see a single in February or March, and the Album in June (along with the next leg of the tour.

:o :o :o

Sounded like a good theory.. Axl may have felt the pressure and stressure with 2 big shows like that coming up.. Demanding him to be at his peak.. And he was, however it may have been a bit to much for him to handle, with him not being in the spotligth for ten years and so much at stake.. Combining that with the pressure of getting the record done and trying to look like a 25 year old (he do look that good) with working out and loosing weigth it just migth have been a to much for his body to handle..

Overworked in other words.. The body needs time to adapt or else it will give you a message..

One thing we can rule out is that he just didn`t show up as some smart guys suggests, he was way to excited about the tour to do that..

Good thinking, Gcam! :)

GNR certainly played a lot of back-to-back dates, which must have been stressful and tiring for Axl since he hasn't toured in almost a decade. .. . So maybe there is some truth to your theory Gcam.   ;)  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the statement says.

Gcam...I love your theory and the only sensible one so far.  Hopefully, it's true.

Madison..I read your post about your concern if Axl can weather the back to back gigs as it was scheduled. It seems that you may have been right and I totally agreed with you back then.  

Axl and the rest of the guys are only human. We, as fans, demand too much of them.  Unfortunately, Axl personally approved the scheduling, so the brunt of the responsibiity lies with him.  

I hope the rumour of Robin leaving the group is not true.    :(    I truly believe that Robin is the "heart & soul" (besides Axl) of the group and the two of them seem to have a connection.  I really like Robin.

I hope an official announcement from the GNR camp will be forthcoming very soon.  Damage control is a necessity at this point.  Where is his frickin' manager?  What is he getting paid for?    

well for the sake of GF's integrity i think its fair to say that people have the right to have their own opinions...

But i might say that many of the people who have been very supportive for BH hasve been so because they have fooled themselves purely becuase they are happy with anything with the mere chance that this is the closest thing they wilkl get to the real GNR