Philly experience + afterthoughts.

NiGhTrAiN66

Ok. So I was at Boston, Hartford and MSG. The shows blew me away. I truly believed that Axl had his shit together and that GnR would once again be the biggest band in the world. So I was pumped for Philly. Next thing I know I'm having chairs flying by my head and beer poured down my back because Axl didnt feel like playing.

I love Axl Rose and GnR more than anything in the world. But he has gone too far. 2 cancelations out of what, 12 shows? And these occured the night of the show. It's ridiculous. What Axl doesn't realize is that he is fucking lucky as hell that people still give him the time of day. I mean is he trying to commit career suicide? I think last night marked the demise of this whole project. He dissapears for 10 years and then comes back, thinks everyone will have his back again, and then cancels 2 shows.

Now I know plenty of you are going to say "We don't know the whole story, it wasn't his fault." BULLSHIT. Other bands don't do this. If you sell out a 20,000 seat areana, you better fucking show up. I think people are going to finally just give up on Axl now. No album. A fucked up tour. Riots. Violence. It's easy to say "well just another typical GnR tour." When you've been waiting for decades to see a show, and then he just up and cancels while you're sitting in your seat---IT IS NOT O.K. I think GnR has the potential to be the biggest band in the world again. I think Axl Rose is a musical GENIUS. But he's too caught up in himself. Now he and all of you will try and make excuses for him, but wake up. I hope they cancel the whole fucking tour to teach Axl a fucking lesson. You have to EARN repect. You can't just expect people to come flocking back to you, and then shit on their faces. I love you Axl, I truly believed you had figured your shit out. Its an awful shame. It's so sad. So sad.

Good post, Nightrain. As you can see, Sunday is cancelled as well.

I don't know what to think anymore. Is it career suicide? Maybe. Does he think it's 1991 again? Hope not. Unforunately, they are losing old and new fans. I'll still listen to my old stuff but I'm not looking for anything new anymore.

They are like a flame that burned really bright...and blew out about 10 years ago.  Like you said, it's a shame.

I was there and, in some ways, I definitely agree with you. I was first introdiced to Gn'R when I was 7 ('91) and I've loved them ever since. Around the age of 12 I became completely obsessed and had to have all of their movies and read all of their interviews and look at all of their pictures. I've learned to love Axl. I really have. Not in a psychotic stalker way, just in a way that I thought I understood him and really appreciated his music. When I heard that he was going to be in my town I knew I had to go. I bought a $90 ticket for friday and a $75 ticket for Sunday (little did I know they were being sold for $10 Friday night!). As I sat thru 3+ hours of CKY and mix master mike I never lost hope. I was so excited and when the chants went from "axl" to "asshole" I screamed "shut the fuck up! you don't know why he's not here." I was behind him the whole way. Even on the way out to the parking lot when I heard some girl say she "never wants to listen to Gn'R again. " I told her to shut up and get in her car. The night was wasted but it was ok because he'd be there on Sunday. Now it's been stated that he's not going to be there. I thought 'it's ok, i'll drive out to washington dc to see him. he won't let me down 3 times.' and now... it's cancelled. I mean, I know he's not personally trying to let me down but it sure as hell feels like it. All I want to do is pay him money to do what he loves to do and it's just not working out. I hope to God this is not a plublicity stunt because I would lose so much respect for him if it was. The reason he was so appealing to me was because he always seemed so genuine and honest. selfish? sure, sometimes, but never dishonest and manipulative. I don't want to give up on Axl. I won't but I just wish he would show up. I'll stop rambling now. I just needed to explain this to people who will understand what it's like.

CHRISTINA WAKE UP! AXL DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU! HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT ANYONE. IF SOMEONE IN THE BAND IS SICK OR SOMETHING DONT YOU THINK GNRONLINE.COM WOULD HAVE AN EXPLANATION AND APOLOGY? NOPE. ITS BULLSHIT. I DONT THINK GNR CANCELLED THE 2 NEXT SHOWS, I THINK FIRST UNION AND MCI DID. THINK ABOUT IT, IF YOU OWNED THOSE  ARENA WOULD YOU WANT THEM DESTROYED?? THATS WHAT COULD HAPPEN IF THEY SCREWED THE FANS AGAIN. I WILL LISTEN TO THEIR CDS, BUT FORGET IT, I WILL NEVER EVER WASTE ANOTHER SECOND TRYING TO SEE THEM LIVE. I DROVE 2 HRS FROM BALTIMORE AND WAS BENT OVER AND SCREWED. I SAT THROUGH AN HOUR AND A HALF OF SOME ASSHOLE PLAYING RECORDS AND AMUSING NOONE BUT HIMSELF. HE WAS OBVIOUSLY STALLING SO THAT THE RIOTS COULD BE HELD OFF TIL THE POLICE AND FIRE TRUCKS WERE THERE. I LEFT BEFORE THE SHIT HIT THE FAN BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO WAIT ANYMORE FOR THIS LOSER. AXL IS DONE IN MY MIND AND PROBABLY 10S OF THOUSANDS OF OTHERS. AEROSMITH. NOW THATS A BAND, THEY LOVE THEIR FANS, GIVE AWESOME SHOWS, AND DO THE LITTLE THINGS LIKE SHOW UP!!