Kicking the dog..again

rockerman

Hypothetical argument here folks just to clarify.....

Now some of you out there are claiming that his new band is "Guns and Roses"...............Thats because Axl decided to keep the name GNR it automatically makes the personell GNR because they can and do play GNR songs.

Right? Jimgnr says cover band..Many say ..If AXL sez its GNR it's GNR........Ok I'll tag along on that.....

Then the  other claim/opinion is that Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt  shouldn't be allowed to play GNR songs..... because Axl isn't out in front singing those songs......And they aint "GNR"

So Hypothetically if Axl was to quit this new band(pull an IZZY) would they-  buckethead/fortus/brain/fink/stinson be Guns and Roses still?

When Izzy quit it was still GNR and when Steve got fired it was GNR. Hypothetically this scenario should it ever come to be is- according to the current argument plausible right? If Axl quit this band then naturally they they should  be "GNR" because thats what AXl said they were.....

Groan... again the issue over the name thing.. but again logos, concepts, music ect.... mainly concepts though. The whole scenario is possible.

Maybe there will be replacements in the future, but as long as Axl and Buckethead, the dynamic duo, stay together, ther's nothing to be afraid of.

Ah, what's all the hubba with the band name. Of course Axl still uses that name, because it is a name evrybody has heard. Axl was the most important guy in GNr from the beginning!

If you ask me, all of GNr, ex members and new ones should be allowed to play old material. Let's see wh's better, cause I don't see any singer with Slash and his friends! ;D

Slash could easily be replaced! You cannot replace buckethead, he is a maestro, a genius, a ..ah, you get the picture... Sure, Slash did good, but just listen to the solo material. Now I said this once before but Buckethed has got tons of Solo material which is good to fantastic, Slash does not!

Thats why its hypothetical... Axl is Axl truelly and his solo effort is amazing commendible brilliant I don't see why he has to rely on so much GUNS AND ROSES material as a Solo act though...since like ya know its only a name thing.

You can't come out and play all new material when you are guns n' roses.  People haven't heard it and wouldn't know it.  You play old material, you warm up to people at how great you can perform it.  Then in time bam hit them with some Democracy action.

G-Face

Axl addressed this "playing the old songs" issue in Rio.  

"I have no intention...and I never did...of denying you something you enjoy."

People want and expect to hear those songs.  Axl gives them what they want.  If Slash & co want to play them as well let them.  But without Axl's vocals it wouldn't make it for me.

Besides according to you, rockerman, the new band is just a bunch of hired guns.  If that's the case, should Axl tire of this, they're only employees to fire.