snakepit dissers

cuneo77

i know i know, snakepit stuff isnt all that, "mean bone" is cool, and other songs are cool, but what is not known is that axl turned down the 95 snakepit stuff and then wanted it back after slash recorded it with the other band,so it cant be that bad, its not all "axl's vision", axl even said it on mtv back in the day "ya most ideas come from ME AND SLASH, then we run it by duff to see if its cool. the way it should be.   i love them both but my god,no acknowledges that if gnr broke up for good, that the gnr name will automatically sell more than a project called axl rose. a dj here said it "if it was called axl and friends,no one would show up.

yeah i think thats right...

I think the only reason, and come on you cant really argue this point, that these shows have even sold the tickets that they did is becuase they are going around masquerading as GNR and playing GNR songs. But we will have to see how the badn goes when CD is out.

I be the first to admit i love the ain't life grand cd.  I wish slash hadn't gotten sick and cancelled a bunch of the shows they opened for ac/dc cause I had tickets in edmonton and ac/dc rocked but it would have been better with slash opening.  However the 95 snakepit album is shit and i hope didn't want it.

Beggars-and-Hangers-on

I hate everybody but you

back and Forth again

These 3 songs are the only reason i don't that cd in the trash cause the rest of the get the same pure shit rating as silkworms

Axl brought the name for a huge sum of money, so I think it's alright since he paid for the name to call the band guns n roses.It's only a name after all, when you get down to it does it really matter if they're calling themselves GNR?

Axl would of never accepted the snakepit CD as a guns n roses record, it's not upto the GNR standards.Snakepit is good has some cool guitar parts, some bad singers, but it's still worth a listen.

Well at least we might get a world tour out of 'the guns',

so it would be cool to see the old guy's up on stage again.But im not excepting an album as good as AFD  from 'the guns', something more like snakepit version 2.

bullsh!t, AXL never wanted the snakepit songs... EVER.  I know for a fact he has been quoted several times when asked why slash wasnt' in the band and he simply said, "You have heard snake pit.."

axl axtually said in his latest interview that he wanted to work with slash with some of his songs (presumedly the ones for snakepit) but slash didn't want those songs for GNR.

Axl brought the name for a huge sum of money, so I think it's alright since he paid for the name to call the band guns n roses.It's only a name after all, when you get down to it does it really matter if they're calling themselves GNR?

Axl never bought the name...

He got it by issuing an ultimatem to slash etc, that he would not go onstage unless they signed the name over.

I MAY BE WRONG but my understanding was Axl got the rights to name since it was his band esp after Tracee Gunn left or got fired back in the day just did not become official until after that signing on the uyi tour. that 20 million was the settlements after the bullshit lawsuits from the members who i guesse was settled out of court. REmember these facts b4 rock in rio every member except maybe duff were suing the shit out axl to try & keep him from going on with the GNR name they went to court with big time lawyers while axl represented himself not bad for a millionaire with no Law degree huh. If anyone should be bitching it should be LA gun's Tracee Gunn since he came up the name.

welli think the reason that tracii gun has no right to the name is becuase he didn't add any value to it...

all of the old guys "added" value to the name, so the idea was that they would get the money that they "added" into the name back out in the form of a legal battle.

So whatever the situation is, tracee didn't register it as a trademark so he has no legal right to the name, and he didn't add any value to the name whereas the old guys and axl did.

bullsh!t, AXL never wanted the snakepit songs... EVER.  I know for a fact he has been quoted several times when asked why slash wasnt' in the band and he simply said, "You have heard snake pit.."

yes i heard snkepit,i read that axl wanted the 95 stuff back after it was too late,that was a slash interview, next thin i knew a few months later,i hear "ex gnr member slash.........."  i thinkit was on howard too,not sure.i admit it isnt great,but its not winger or anything like that either.  the songs would have been better with axl's voice,and his lyrics, and i am sure slash could have had a better solo for "oh my god"  

Hey I know and I hope everyone else knows that Snakepit sucks giaraffe D I C K. It sounds like S H I T  from track 1 to track whatever. It is a worthless album that everyone should burn in a bonfire. ;D