This is my opinion only

Kprice

Ok, let's look at this, I'm not trying to bash slash, duff, or any of the former members, But Guns and Roses are coming back in full force, and Duff, Slash, and everyone else are stuck in Idle.  Please remember that this is my opinion only, and it's not meant to start a fight with anyone. I have heard that some of the former members are planning a reunion of some kind, but in all honesty, I don't think that would be as big as guns coming back.

well obviously i cant argue with you becuase its your opinion, but i mean the only reason axls band would be successfull wazs cos its called GNR. The other guys probably wont enjoy the success as the new GNR but for me the music will be the same so i cant wait for "the project"

I doubt it'll be Love on vocals I mean she was/is grunge and the project just isn't her style of singing . I would also say that while the Project seems to be idling ( The way Thaman describes it , Axl and the new guys ain't exactly in high gear yet  ;) )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Shades ,  I'll have  agrue your point on the one point =Snakepit didn't have Izzy writing or contributing material while the project will , I imagine the projct will be a mix of Snakepit and Izzy's solo ideas which will make for a vey cool and intersting sound ( If you haven't heard Izzy's stuff I reccomend you give it a listen I'm sure you'll be pleased  ;) )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Ok, let's look at this, I'm not trying to bash slash, duff, or any of the former members, But Guns and Roses are coming back in full force, and Duff, Slash, and everyone else are stuck in Idle.  Please remember that this is my opinion only, and it's not meant to start a fight with anyone. I have heard that some of the former members are planning a reunion of some kind, but in all honesty, I don't think that would be as big as guns coming back.

I have to disagree.When you put a replacement in the band that is not full force anymore.Also, Buckethead, Finck, and the others (except Dizzy and Axl) are not coming back - they are in the band for the first time.

if AXL called this band Poo they would still be doing just as well.  Name has nothing to do with it.

Hahah your deluded maaan!

Theres no way in hell that they would be anywhere near as successfull. I mean how many people going to their recent gigs are there for GNR's newer songs? They are there for the old gnr material and axl. Not bhead, or stinson, or finck, brain etc....

And as for "the project" not being successfull:

If you measure success as the amount of records sold, then they might be a flop, however i measure success as the quality of the actual music, and i know that it is impossible for them to be unsuccessful with slash, izzy, duff and matt in the band.

My opinion:

Whether or not they are playing old or new songs does not really have much to do with the name.  

The project can/will still play these songs... it just wont sound like the old gnr without Axl.

I dont believe the name carries much impact, because if the band was named "poo", people would still talk about it as "the new band with the screechy red haired guy from guns n roses that can still belt out those old tunes"

If the project was named guns n roses, people would listen and think "my god, axl is blonde and grew breasts" (if c. love was singing) and be disappointed

Hahah your deluded maaan!

Theres no way in hell that they would be anywhere near as successfull. I mean how many people going to their recent gigs are there for GNR's newer songs? They are there for the old gnr material and axl. Not bhead, or stinson, or finck, brain etc....

And as for "the project" not being successfull:

If you measure success as the amount of records sold, then they might be a flop, however i measure success as the quality of the actual music, and i know that it is impossible for them to be unsuccessful with slash, izzy, duff and matt in the band.

I would say you are on crack... but you are beyond crack.

of course the name is an important factor...

I mean im not saying that "the project" should be called GNR at all. I dont think it should becuase it isn't Guns N Roses and its not trying to be...

Axl's GNR wouldn't of been on MTV, wouldn't have sold half the tickets that they have at recent gigs (which have been pretty poor so far..) and certainly wont sell as many records as it would without the name. I mean come on.

Would coca cola sell as many cokes if they operated under a new name?

And why does everybody think Courtney love is going to be in the band.... Of course she aint! Slash said nothing of the sort in that interview, he merely said that a female wouldn't be ruled out if she was good.

... And why does everybody think Courtney love is going to be in the band.... Of course she aint! Slash said nothing of the sort in that interview, he merely said that a female wouldn't be ruled out if she was good.

Actually, Slash specifically said Courtney was being considered. During an interview, he said that the guys had discussed it. That's why people are speculating about it gnrlies.

I hope Slash was kidding.

Don't shoot me -- but I actually like some of Courtney's music. Hole's "Live Through This" album was actually pretty good. But I don't think she'd be a good fit with the former Gunners.

Most people who buy tickets to these shows know that this isn't the original line up.  They know a weird guy with a bucket is in the band, they know alot of things.  But they do know that AXL is there, and do know that they can play like fuckin great musicians.  The name means nothing.  If people thought it was the original GNR and the new gnr were gaining success off of that, then the name would mean alot.  But people know...no one says...it isn't the original band..but it is GNR...the name is all that matters, im going to see them.  Nonsense indeed.

G-Face

Actually, Slash specifically said Courtney was being considered. During an interview, he said that the guys had discussed it. That's why people are speculating about it gnrlies.

But that was only in a joking / non serious manner...

WHen he was asked like about courtney love, he said that it was funny becuase they had talked about it the previous night, but it wasn't a real consideration, it would of only been a situation where they were having a conversation and her name popped up...

No criticism from me about liking her music!

Most people who buy tickets to these shows know that this isn't the original line up.  They know a weird guy with a bucket is in the band, they know alot of things.  But they do know that AXL is there, and do know that they can play like fuckin great musicians.  The name means nothing.  If people thought it was the original GNR and the new gnr were gaining success off of that, then the name would mean alot.  But people know...no one says...it isn't the original band..but it is GNR...the name is all that matters, im going to see them.  Nonsense indeed.

G-Face

well this is all fine and well but tell me this....

If this band wasn't called gnr, and it had some other name. For the sake of example lets use "the project"...

If there was advertising for "the project" for a 40 date US tour then how many people do you think would go to it? Hardly any.

However becuase this band is called GNR and is playing plenty of old GNR material, the people come. The obsessed fans and the non-obsessed.

I mean to say the name is absolutely insignificant is a load of crap, however i can see what your saying in terms of the extent of the names importance.

But you have to acknowledge that it is significant to their success...