Sorry....

Ghost_Guns

Another old band/new band arguement kinda.  I know some people think it is a crock that Guns N' Roses are playing the old songs even though it isn't the original band.  But alot of people don't really seem to care if the old band plays the old songs with a new singer.  Kind of strange.  I know the band wrote the songs, but the singer didn't write the lyrics, and maybe the band didn't write the lyrics either.  It can go both ways kinda.

G-Face

well i think the issue is that its a 4:1 issue..

I mean the new GNR has 1 original member ;

"the project" has 3 original members (not including matt).

Its also how its marketed.

I mean axl is marketing the old material as his new bands material when its not. The Project would play it merely in a live sense and would only play a couple. Sorta like mbe 2 or 3 to warm the crowd up a bit. This is of course as opposed to axl playing a whole set of old GNR songs.....

Personally however i dont have a problem with axl playing the old stuff, and i hope that when CD is out he will continue to play a fair proportion fo the old stuff. Thatsq just me becuase i am a tad bit nostalgic and i know that otherwise i wouldn't have any other opportunity to hear the banshee sing those songs ever again.

You are so full of crap....  He is not marketing them "their" songs .... he has never said the new guys wrote the songs... do you just make this sh*t up? Or do you have a  bunch of helper monkeys there helping you to come up with total bull*hit to post on GnR forums?

Mr Sparkle you are so right about that GNRLIES guy up there being full of shit and makin S H I T up. On my Duffman post he was givin me S H I T  about Duff now hes spreadin lies. What an A S S

You are so full of crap....  He is not marketing them "their" songs .... he has never said the new guys wrote the songs... do you just make this sh*t up? Or do you have a  bunch of helper monkeys there helping you to come up with total bull*hit to post on GnR forums?

No of course not, of course axl is not saying anythign liek these guys wrote the songs or whatever, he said himself that he is avoiding that,BUT

When you have a band masquerading around as Guns N Roses and playing old material like that, how can you not get people criticise it about issues such as the name and the material played...

I even said that i agree with you and dont have a problem with them playing the material. I was just making an observation that this band is marketed as guns n roses and that some people may not like that.

;D

Mr Sparkle you are so right about that GNRLIES guy up there being full of shit and makin S H I T up. On my Duffman post he was givin me S H I T  about Duff now hes spreadin lies. What an A S S

What is wrong with you...

???????

I mean come on, if you get so offended by me saying something as harmless as

haha so true (what smoron said)
then i would get out of here becuase there is a lot worse that goes on...

It was a joke, so get over it! ;)

...I even said that i agree with you and dont have a problem with them playing the material. I was just making an observation that this band is marketed as guns n roses and that some people may not like that.

;D

Axl has the legal rights to the GNR name. Get over it.

And it wouldn't make sense for a band that promotes and markets itself as GNR to NOT play GNR songs. That's ludicrous.

And considering Axl wrote or co-wrote a majority of the songs on AFD and the Illusions albums, and he's the voice behind GNR, I think he legitimately owes it to his fans to play many of  the classic GNR songs.

I think GnR will be similar to Ozzy, once the new music comes out GnR will continue to play the big hits: Jungle, Paradise, but will play mostly new music.  Like Ozzy plays some black sabbath hits, but mostly his bands music.

As for the ex-members I think if they play mostly GnR at their shows it will be retarded because their supposed to be a new band.  Would be like watching Black Sabbath sing Ozzy songs.

As for the ex-members I think if they play mostly GnR at their shows it will be retarded because their supposed to be a new band.  Would be like watching Black Sabbath sing Ozzy songs.

I have to disagree wiht that...

I am pretty confident that they will only play a couepl of GNR songs. Dont forget they will be releasing a whole album of material, so they arent going to just leave that other stuff.