Two reviews for Fargo

Ghost_Guns

Posted by GAN

Everyone have a hear attack.  I'm sorry if I got your hopes up too high, as I seem to have did, I apologize.  I didn't realize everyone would react the way they did.

12:55 am right now.  A friend and I met Smeagol2124 and we went to eat at McDonald’s.  Smeagol and I ended up sitting right next to each other.

Merchandise:

Checked it all out before the show, here’s what you can get:

Shirts:

Gray Star with bullet holes-$35*

Black World Tour 2002-2003 w/world logo-$35*

Gray Shirt with Red/White/Blue striped banner-$35

Black Buckethead on front, small gnr logo on back-$35

Black Dog eat world-$35*

3 Just for girl t-shirts, one white, one black, one blue-All $35

GN’R logo baseball cap-$35

GN’R logo winter hat-$30

Purple/Yellow Basketball jersey, #8, Rose on back-$60

Red/Yellow Soccer jersey, #8, Rose on back-$100

Sweatpants-$60*

Bandana-$15*

Stickers (with really cool dragon)-$10

Shot Glasses-$10

*All stuff I got

**NO PROGRAM

Security:

Tight as fuck.  The person I had recording this could not do it.  They fucking metal detect your ass then pat you down like your fucking Britney Spears.  I asked a girl checking if they check buckets, and she said they do.

*If you don’t have a ticket for a certain section, you will not get there

*I found out there was no GN’R soundcheck

*Doors open a little bit after 6:00

*The first house music:  Rage Against The Machine’s self-titled debut

CKY:  (7:35-8:07)

Played 8 songs.  The fourth was from Tony Hawk Pro Skater III.  They had microphone troubles here.  The fifth was their first single.  They talked a lot.  Especially about Guns.  Here are some quotes:  

“This is the first fucking rock and roll show you’ve seen in 10 years.”

“Rock and roll is a fucking religion, its all we fuckin’ need.”

Someone was taunting them, they said:  “Fuck you Garth you cock suckin’ pussy face motherfucker.  You bring your mommy?  Too bad little bitch.”

“What was the last album you bought?  Appetite For Destruction?  Use Your Illusion?  ‘Cause I know there hasn’t been cock-sucking shit out for the past ten years.”

CKY is nothing brilliant.  Green Day meets Black Sabbath is the way smeagol2124 described them.

*The next house music:  DMX’s latest album, The Great Depression

Mix Master Mike:  (8:25-9:00)

*DJ from outer-space intro to start, takes forever.

1. White Zombie’s “Thunderkiss 65” 2.  ?  3.  Rush “Tom Sawyer”  4.  Disturbed song with Rage Against The Machine’s “Bulls On Parade”  5.  Led Zeppelin’s “Heartbreaker”  6.  ?  7.  P. Diddy feat. Busta Rhymes “Jump” 8.  Jam Master Jay Tribute 9.  ? 10.  Jane’s Addiction’s “Been Caught Stealing”  11. ?  12.  More RATM  13.  Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song”  14.  ?  15.  Rob Bass  16.  House Of Pain’s “Jump Around”  17.  Beastie Boys “Intergalactic” 18.  ?

*The next house music:  Mix of a whole bunch of popular rock

Guns N’ Roses:  (10:12-12:20)

I.  Dress

Axl:  University of North Dakota white Sioux jersey, black nylon pants, white tennis shoes.  For November Rain Axl switched to a green North Dakota State University Bison jersey.  It had yellow writing, word “Bison” on it.  For those of you who don’t know, UND and NDSU have a long-standing rivalry.  And Axl showed up supporting them both.  It was great.

Buckethead:  Black shirt, with a black cape.  Khakis for pants.

Robin Finck:  Black jumpsuit.  He started out with his hair tightly tied up.  For LALD, he wore a black motorcycle helmet and black sunglasses.  After LALD, he put his hair down.  Finck would put his hair back up for Rocket Queen, and the rest of the show.

Tommy Stinson:  Plad blue suit.  Light blue with dark blue big stripes and thin red stripes.  Tommy would lose the coat at the band introductions.

Dizzy Reed:  The same shirt as at the VMA’s, with black leather pants.

Brain:  Black shirt, black backwards baseball hat, and shorts.

Chris Pitman:  Black pants, blue jean coat, and white shirt, with a black winter hat.  Maybe he was cold.

Richard Fortus:  Blue and white striped jeans, white shirt with a red skull and cross bones, with a black mesh shirt over it.

II Stage Setup

As the audience looks at it, their angles.

There are 8 long vertical banners with three pairs of Chinese writing on them a piece.  Brain’s Drum kit is elevated.  To the left of him is Dizzy, with bongos, synthesizer, piano, and microphone.  Opposite Dizzy, to the right of Brain, is Pitman.  He has three different types of piano/synthesizers and a microphone.  From left to right on the main stage, is where Buckethead, Fortus, Stinson, and Finck usually are.  And of course, Axl is all over the place.  Axl had a telemprompter on the left side of the stage.

III Setlist and highlights

Welcome To The Jungle (Sparks)

It’s So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Axl said:  “So, look at all these front rowers.  We’d like to thank you all for coming out tonight, all that’s been said, I’d say you have the right to be skeptical.

Live And Let Die (Pyro)

Think About You  

Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Axl had microphone problems until the first verse.  He couldn’t hit high notes especially.  The second verse had cool synth in it.)

Now this is surprising, Axl said:  “This is a song Dizzy wrote about his girlfriend Angela”  I was expecting something new, or maybe even Silk Worms, and then the play:

You Could Be Mine (Pyro.  There were shots of a KFC in china with people on bikes and in cars.  It was sped up.)

Someone tried to take a picture, and Axl said:  “I’m sorry…I apologize…I apologize…I should have stood still.”  Then he changed the subject when he said this:  “You can’t tell people what you mean, because they already know what you feel on the inside of you.”  Then he said something I didn’t understand, and mentioned  Sl*sh , whom the whole schpiel may have been about.  Then Axl said:  “Ladies and Gentlemen…Mr. Robin Finck”

Sweet Child O’ Mine (Buckethead left stage before the guitar solo.)

A fat sheriff came on the video screens.  He had a nightstick and was chewing tobacco.

Out Ta Get Me (Pyro)

Axl talked about how “A couple of individuals need to correct the lighting gear.”

Band Introductions, in this order:  Finck, “Thomas Veenideen Stinson,” as Axl so eloquently put it, Pitman, Dizzy, Fortus “bang for your bucks,” Brain (who when introduced took a bite out of a big green apple and a banana), and then Axl said:  “Long ago aliens left it to itself…in a chicken coop…ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Buckethead”

Buckethead nunchucka, robot dance, Solo/Star Wars Theme/The Empire Strikes Back/A Pirate’s Life For Me (APLFM keeps playing, pre-recorded, as BH goes to get a Target bag.  He throws out gifts to the crowd.)

After BH was done, Axl said:  “Now wasn’t that fun boys and girls…now thank Uncle Axl for bringing it along.”

Piano Solo, which included a beautiful piano part.  It flows much too well to not be a new song.

November Rain (No Buckethead.  After awhile, he came back, tried to play his guitar, but no sound came.  He got pissed, threw it down, and walked offstage.)  Finck had exactly the same guitar in this song as  Sl*sh  used in the video.  Talk about “replacements.”  The second half of the song had spark showers

Then Axl said:  “Before we get into this song, we actually have a…how ‘bout a lil’ intro?”  

The band jammed.  It was fucking awesome.

Rocket Queen  

Start Madagascar, then stop quickly.  Axl asked “Are we okay?”  Then they went back into the song.

Madagascar (With the same beautiful images.  Spark shower…and it was Pitman who sang the background vocals)  Then Axl said:  “Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Dizzy Reed.”

The Blues

Axl said:  “I guess this might be people’s bedtime.  I see some people falling asleep…tsk tsk tsk…let’s see…where are we?  Give me some marshmallows.”

Chinese Democracy (Pyro)  Axl said afterwards:  “Well…we do hope to see you again.  We hope you see us again…and if you tell a friend and they tell a friend and they tell a friend and they tell a friend and they tell a friend…”

Patience (Tommy laid down on his back for part of the song, which was real cool.  Fortus and BH had acoustic guitars, Finck played the solo with the electric.)

My Michelle

Nightrain

Encore:

Finck Solo/Paradise City (American flag on screen at beginning of PC.  Pyro, spark shower, and confetti everywhere.)

Well that’s it.  Nothing new new.  It was an excellent show, and Axl was perfect the entire night.  I was twelve rows back from him, on the right side of the stage, so I saw Finck most of the night.  It was an incredible show.  I’m not sure if this is a band or some lumbering juggernaut that has yet to be awaken.  Attendance was between 5500-6500.

OK Axl, you did impress me.  His voice was great.  Axl was in town early and he was seen in downtown Fargo shopping for rings.  He also did a radio interview.  The show started at around 10:30.  Don't ask me about the opening bands.....I missed them.  Mr. J - I have a shot glass for you and we'll toast with vodka on-line soon.  Convinced the guy to sell to me before the show and I had to swear I wouldn't toss it at the stage.

Set list -

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Live And Let Die

Think About You

Knockin On Heavens Door

You Could Be Mine

Robin Solo

Sweet Child O Mine (everyone there was singing along)

Out Ta Get me

Buckethead solo

November Rain (fantastic pyros)

Rocket Queen

November rain

Madagascar

The Blues (after which Axl said it must be past some peoples bedtimes.  I see people falling asleep.)

Chinese Democracy

Patience  (Axl told the crowd to "calm down...you don't think I was leaving just yet")

My Michelle

Nightrain  

Encore-

Robin solo

Paradise City

The crowd across from me was chanting "we want  Sl*sh " for most of the concert....whatever....

Security was very tight at the concert.  One even stopped and asked me what I was writing down.  But then the FargoDome sucks...they couldn't even keep their beer taps working and that shut down by 10:30.  Axl only ranted once and that was at people that were throwing beer at the lighting people.  Fools, guess they didn't know about the taps not working.  

Only bad thing was the seating was rearranged at the last minute.  I ended up sitting farther back from but I was supposed to be on the far left and ended up in the center.  

CathavingFun from heretodaygonetohell.com

G-Face