Rock school exams

Cool - how long you been playing? Do you find it useful to follow the structured syllabus of the rock school?

I've only just started doing this program in guitar and I think it's really good. I played classical guitar for years and thought I didn't need lessons in electric guitar as I could already play. But it's been much more useful doing this program, I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere, and learning loads of different styles and techniques. I'm well impressed with it!

I play guitar, but ive never thought about lessons. I dont see myself as a musician. I just play rock n roll and get wasted as often as i can. Where do you do them anyway?

Not sure where abouts in the world you are, Crash diet - but if you are in the UK you can go to www.rockschool.co.uk

I admire you being able to play just rock and roll stuff off your own back, and if you can do that you prob don't want to do this course. I just get bored of trying to pick other people's stuff up and never knowing if I'm doing it properly, and I like the structure. Plus, it gets you playing blues, rock, britpop, reggae, grunge - all kinds of stuff that you can use, as well as making you improvise. It's good stuff.

I'm from liverpool, Bootle actually. Yeah ive never really fancied doing a course. Im pretty narrow minded when it comes to guitar. I have my own style and hate playing others like brit pop an that (except Led Zeppelin an stuff like that) but yeah i just rock out lol

I'm from liverpool, Bootle actually. Yeah ive never really fancied doing a course. Im pretty narrow minded when it comes to guitar. I have my own style and hate playing others like brit pop an that (except Led Zeppelin an stuff like that) but yeah i just rock out lol

Yeah, they do singing, but it isn't free. You need to buy the music (about £15 for the guitar stuff) and pay an exam fee.

And Kevado, it isn't actually a school, just a syllabus and exams which you can do at centres all over the country. So you just buy the books from music shops, study the music and it the exams.

www.rockschool.co.uk

Edited by toffeegirl