Guess what; new recording ;)

You guys are probably sick and tired of my new recording-posts. hehe. But this is my pride and joy, so I just have to :)

I've been sitting down with my laptop in front of me, and my guitar in my lap for three hours now, and the result is full recording of Sweet Child O' Mine with all the soloes. Well, 70 % of the mainsolo is improv, but I'm quite satisfied! And the outro is 99% improv. It doesn't sound as good as Slash, but as always I have my "I've only played since january"-excuse :P

I will add vocals to it later!

And feedback (good and bad) is welcome as always :)

Here is the link (5,7 MB)

rock4

If you really only picked up a guitar in January, its too good...back in my time I wasn't that good plus we absolute had no tabs, nor computers and learned everything by ear which is an advantage right now compared to kids that start out with tabs.

Anyway, its good you just need to add a little vibrato here and there so that your solo doesn't sound stale...also your intro solo, your timing between bars are not consistent. Did you cut and paste? I guess somemore finger execrice and your solo will be flawless in no time.

Good Job...keep practicing! rock3

Edited by abitestranged

If you really only picked up a guitar in January, its too good...back in my time I wasn't that good plus we absolute had no tabs, nor computers and learned everything by ear which is an advantage right now compared to kids that start out with tabs.

Anyway, its good you just need to add a little vibrato here and there so that your solo doesn't sound stale...also your intro solo, your timing between bars are not consistent. Did you cut and paste? I guess somemore finger execrice and your solo will be flawless in no time.

No, I didn't copy past the intro. Played the whole thing. but I considered to rerecord it, but i didn't bother. but i will do it later. would you recommend to copy past?

i will try to find some better notes for the solo, and then rerecord it. but i suck at improv, so i need a lot of practising first!

thanks alot for feedback! :)

and it's true i first picked up a guitar in january. but i'm a taboholic :)

Edited by backslazh

it's true i first picked up a guitar in january

I've had my guitar since April 2004 and I can only just play the SCOM intro. I just can't be bothered to learn.

But anyway your great man, since you've onlu been playing since Janurary you must be really naturally tallented.

::BR::

Thanks for comments guys! Let me know if it's anything that should be done different!

And by the way, SCOM is the reason i started playing guitar. i don't know how many of my friends i've bored to death with a sucky version of the scom-intro :)

No, I didn't copy past the intro. Played the whole thing. but I considered to rerecord it, but i didn't bother. but i will do it later. would you recommend to copy past?

i will try to find some better notes for the solo, and then rerecord it. but i suck at improv, so i need a lot of practising first!

thanks alot for feedback! :)

and it's true i first picked up a guitar in january. but i'm a taboholic :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You really shouldn't get used to only learn things by tabs. I know a lot of guitarists that are quite skilled technically and so but they cant play by ear at all, which means that you can't jam with them and that kinda sucks.

BTW, you're a lot better than I was after such a short period of time. Keep on practising and you will be great. Rock and roll!!

Edited by Gnar