Marshall Amps UK

I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now (a squire and 15 amp kit), and as i am a student i didnt have much money to fork out on equipment, but now i have a summer job and want to buy a decent marshall amp, for about £200-300 and am not sure which one to get, I have looked at the mg 250 and mg 100, but am not sure which would be the best (if one of these 2 are the best choice), if anyone could sugest which one or even another amp, or a good place to buy them from the UK then I would be very greatfull!!

Dude, i have the marshall MG100HDFX, which is basically the head unit version of the MG100DFX. Check out marshall's website for the specs. It's an awesome amp, i've had it for about 1 year, it hasn't been gigged only used for home use and a few band practices, but since my band split about 7 months ago i haven't used it as it's just too big for bedroom use. Plus i'm off to uni soon so i have no use for it. I sold the cabinet that went with on ebay a while ago. If you want to make me an offer on it PM me. I'd be looking for about £120 for it as it is in great condition, besides 2 scuffs on the outside. Comes with a footswitch aswell. It'd be the perfect half-cab for gigging etc.

EDIT: oh and i'm in the UK aswell. We could always do it through ebay if you want to make sure everything is secure etc.

And this goes for anyone who is interested.

Edited by gnfnr86

Hi thanks for all of your help, I'm now thinking of getting the AVT 100 (possibly the 150 depending on how rich im feeling :oS) but i was just woundering what the difference is between the MG and AVT series? why is the AVT more expensive? Cheers for all your help!

Edited by Appetite4Democracy

Hi thanks for all of your help, I'm now thinking of getting the AVT 100 (possibly the 150 depending on how rich im feeling :oS) but i was just woundering what the difference is between the MG and AVT series? why is the AVT more expensive? Cheers for all your help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

basically its more expensive because the AVT series contain preamp valves/tubes for processing the sound, and the MG series use transistors. valves/tubes (same thing) are generally accepted as giving a better sound, especially for distortion. they distort smoother and have a much greater harmonic range, where was solid state transistors lack harmonics richness and have a wide frequency range

this should help explain too

http://www.shredaholic.com/valve.html

atleast consider the peavey 5150. Go try it out in a store if possible. It's all tube, wich in my opinion is better, vs. the marshall who is not.

Don't just buy the marshall because it's a marshall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peavy suck balls. Get an AVT if you cant afford anything else