wrong most people dont want to play in pubs all theyre life B)

If thats someones dream :sleeper:  let him have it :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how simple you are, I wish I could see you there playing in a band :lol: that would be fun...

you won't (I mean your band) live for a month here if you only want to earn money

no wonder that people prefer to listen covers, because noone wants to listen to the songs that where written only for money <_<

what's wrong with you???

Im in a band and we really rock, only our songs rock2

Fuck covers, you wont get money from covers ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wrong. on the local toilet scene the bands that make the most money are bands that play covers for old couples in local bars and pubs and clubs. mate of mine is/was in a band that did bryan adams/bon jovi and general AOR covers and got paid about 500 quid a gig.

most bands with 'original' material who are unsigned round here, and indeed, most cities, rarely make over 30 quid a gig, if they're lucky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wrong most people dont want to play in pubs all theyre life B)

If thats someones dream :sleeper: let him have it :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, see, the only money to be made is either being in a covers band playing for couples in pubs, or, being in a band the size of U2. which takes years to get to that size, if you're lucky.

unsigned bands make fuck all. unfortunately.

If i was in a band doing club gigs and stuff like that, we'd probably do a few covers to start of the gig with so that everyone knows what they're getting.

Then be a sly bastard and stick in a couple of originals once the overall crowd has settled down.

Then finish up with the ones that people know again. Even if it's only one original a night, just to get a feel of what people think of it. If it's shit move on, if it's good, play it next time too.

im in a Psychadelic/Metal band that totally kicks ass, my drummer is the craziest drummer ive ever seen in my life

to bad we dont have a name though

post some more suggestions in my Band Names thread PLEASE!

Im in the early stages of a band. When I say early I mean like just born. I have all the band members BUT we dont have any instruments or experience, we will probably suck but soon wen we all have jobs where gonna get our stuff and then have lessons etc.

We have already got a few songs written and a few covers in mind. Will be a while until we start up but I wanna know if anybody has tried or is trying to get a record deal.

How do you do it? I mean sending on demo's is obvious but is that it? Please dont reply saying "Just get your instrument first and learn how to play it" because I already know that FFS :lol:

I am new to the scene so if anybody knows a good way to try and getta record deal OR knows some websites that give good advice and set up local Gigs and stuff then posting them here would be appreciated.

If we make it I'll post MP3's here.