Comparing to Appetite? Is it fair?

Ghost_Guns

Hey Gunners.  I see alot of people out there comparing the new songs to songs off of Appetite and just the whole album in general.  Can you really compare any album to Appetite?  I don't think so.  Anything put up to Appetite will just be like nothing compared to it.  Just had to get that off.  PEace.  

G-Face

I think not.  Each album should be taken for it's own merits.  I try to apply this with all artists as their style grows and changes with each release.  With gnr, you also have to take into account new members which will bring new influences.

Comparing just gives everyone something to argue about for a while!

I Like the style they played at the Use your Illusions albums better than the style at the Afd album.. And I think atleast UYI2 is better than Afd..

I think there will be lots of opinions.. There are those who will say that the albums sucked no mather how good it is, because its new line up and sligthy different music style.. There are also those who will go the other way..

I think this album will be more like the UYI`s than the Afd album.. And the "hard rockers", who only see GnR as a great rock band  and almost only like the Afd album is probaly going to slaugther it.. I think those who liked the UYI albums will like it..

In my opinion some of the songs GnR has played are just as good as the best of GnR and I think it will be a great album! :)

Comparing to appetite will not be fair.. It will be a different music style..

nah, you cant compare the new album to AFD, apart from it already being mentioned that NOTHING stands up to it, its also a different style by a different group of musicians, axl wouldnt want it to be another appetite, so we cant judge its success against it.

• 1 year later...

I want Chinese Democracy to be as good a quality but not the same as Appetite For Destruction. We need music that will shake this music industry up, force it to change in different directions. Bottom line different times call for a different type of album. Later

Hey Gunners.  I see alot of people out there comparing the new songs to songs off of Appetite and just the whole album in general.  Can you really compare any album to Appetite?  I don't think so.  Anything put up to Appetite will just be like nothing compared to it.  Just had to get that off.  PEace.  

G-Face

;)I agree with you !

I think we have to compare the new songs, and their ability to beat some of the songs on "AFD". If not, than they're never going to compare. If we just write off "AFD" as the best GNR album, than nothing will ever compare, and you'll always feel disappointed. I've always thought "Chinese Democracy" sounded like it could've been on "AFD", but many disagree ... <_<