Snakepit vs. GN'R

Ghost_Guns

Gunners!  I was thinking about GNR last night, because on MTV they had a little news clip on how Slash wouldn't let AXL have the remake of Welcome to the Jungle on Black Hawk Down.  A question came across my mind.  

When Slash said he was starting a new band and that new band was Snakepit, did the man get criticized for starting a new band?  I can't remember.  And if not..then why?  Just because he wasn't doing the old gunners songs?  Or because the name wasn't GN'R?  I wonder why people weren't all sour about Slash having a band without AXL or any of the other band members.  Doesn't seem all too fair to pound AXL the way people do.  Well any feedback from you guys would be nice.  PEACE, Sloppies.

G-Face  

Yeah but, for people to criticize AXL for having the GNR name and just doing the old songs, sounds pretty shallow and lame to me.  Slash was trying to get the GNR name, otherwise why would they of have all those debates over it.  Slash wanted that for a reason, I don't think he would of just let the GNR name die.  No way.  How did the whole court proceeding go, for AXL to get the name?  Why didn't the other Gunners get the right to the name and songs?  Well latah, sloppies.

G-Face  

I agree with you Ghost.  

Well, as RUMOR has it,  Axl basically demanded the name from the rest of the band one night on tour, or he was gone.  So they gave it to him.

I heard the story a little differently... I heard AXL wouldn't let them use Jungle in Black Hawk Down unless they used the new lineup to re-record it.  The director wanted the original and Axl said no.

Also, Snakepit has never played GNR hits like Jungle, SCOM, etc. in their concerts.  I think they play Brownstone occasionally, but they are not trying to be Guns.  Axl is getting criticized for taking the name, making a new band, and then sitting on his ass instead of releasing a record.

Saul

• 1 year later...