I learned my pentatonics

Does anybody know any GNR solos that are pentatonic-scale based for the guitar? I learned my scales forward and backward, but not sure where to go from there. I hear like 80%of rock solos are pentatonics. Any suggestions?

This can be from any gnr era...slash..buckethead...whatever. I just need to jam out w/ my new mutant power

oooooo rah

Does anybody know any GNR solos that are pentatonic-scale based for the guitar? I learned my scales forward and backward, but not sure where to go from there. I hear like 80%of rock solos are pentatonics. Any suggestions?

This can be from any gnr era...slash..buckethead...whatever. I just need to jam out w/ my new mutant power

oooooo rah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

guns solo's are extremely difficult to play, most have bits and pieces of the penatonic scale. but most (especially bucket's) are of the chromatic (anything goes) variety.

if you just learned this scale, then chances are you're not ready for this, but the nighttrain solo isn't that hard and is penatonic based. the first 2 solos in scom are - the 3rd one is tricky. the right next door to hell solo would probably be your best start, though. or the patience solo if you have patience (sorry about the pun)

i suggest learning the Knockin' On Heavens Door first solo, that wil get you used to some pentatonic licks, bends etc. You could also try the Used To Love Her solo aswell, they are both relatively easy and pentatonically based.

Have fun!

Also try improvising over the solo's aswell, that will help you learn what notes fit with various songs & chords etc.

rock3

oooooo rah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guns solos aren't always that easy but there are others that are really good and not too hard

Take the instrumental "Starry Night" by Joe Satriani, the whole solo is written in pentatonic scale. Its a nice slow soft piece and its great for practice

Also check my previous post here

Learn the "Welcome to the Jungle" and "It's So Easy" solos.

"It's So Easy" is pretty much all pentatonic from 12-15 except for a few notes at the start.

Jungle is good because it also (mainly) follows a pentatonic pattern around the fret boards and it'lll get you used to moving around the board and it won't be too difficult since the solo's not at all fast.

The intro solo to Paradise City is also pentatonic and sounds pretty cool, so yeah.

If you wanna see pentatonics in action, dont look at slash. Slash doesnt really use a scale, he just goes nuts with most of the notes... He mixes his petatonics in with blues scales, with major/minor scales, with harmonic major/minor scales, with chromatics...

If you wanna see petatonics look at some solo's from ace frehely, or brian may, or some more traditional guitarists.

Now that you've learned your pentatonics, learn the other modes and scales, and how each of them tie into one another.

The pentatonics are the most basic of all scales. They're like the "building blocks" of music. For soloing, you can use the pentatonics to switch between modes and scales without hitting a sour note.

Modes?!?What's a mode? I'm garage training right now[aka no teacher, just me, some internet tab sites and this forum ]

What scale should I learn next? What do you reccommend [ after pentatonics]

Now that you've learned your pentatonics, learn the other modes and scales, and how each of them tie into one another.

The pentatonics are the most basic of all scales. They're like the "building blocks" of music. For soloing, you can use the pentatonics to switch between modes and scales without hitting a sour note.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find the Sweet Child O' Mine solo easy up to where it gets fast  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

?? I find it easier to play where it gets fast. I can't play the slow notes as good. It's hard to maintain that steady beat, and doing all those vibratos, bends, and stuff at the same time. In the fast part, the notes don't last too long so if I made a mistake, immediately, there's another note to cover.